Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toca711

Possible to use post categories

toca711    0
toca711

I release this might be possible but....

Is it possible to use this Carousel with posts and post categories?

I have already used other dms post carousel sections but I love the ability to easily customize this section.

so is this possible?

Thank you

TourKick (Clifford P)    1
TourKick (Clifford P)

Thank you for purchasing, and I'm very glad you like Cool Carousel. :-)

It only works with the Cool Carousel post type posts (i.e. images, videos, ...)

It cannot pull in posts of another type (e.g. post, page, custom post type)

Please let me know if your question is answered completely.

Thank you.

andylemay    0
andylemay

Hi Clifford,

Any chance this feature might come along!  It would be very useful as I would prefer to standardise on one carousel plugin.

Many thanks for the great plugin!

Andy

TourKick (Clifford P)    1
TourKick (Clifford P)

Hi andylemay. Thanks for asking, but no. It will not be like the Flipper section that pulls in posts' featured images and such, if that's what you're asking about. However, you could custom-craft a Cool Carousel set (e.g. name it "Currently Featured Posts") and CC allows you to use an already existing media file (e.g. featured image from post 7) and you can link the image to the post (e.g. my.com/?p=7). If it's no longer one of your featured posts, you can just change that CC post to a draft or move it to a different set (e.g. "Past Featured Posts"). Let me know if you have any other q's.

• Similar Content

• webmktco
      By webmktco+
      I really like your Cool Carousel section. Unfortunately it's not possible to add this section to a page without affecting the page template.

I have over 100 pages and only a handful need an image carousel. I'm trying to keep the number of custom page templates to a minimum. 

Is it possible to add your section via shortcode into the WP Content Loop?

• primetime
      By primetime+
      Hi,

How do I remove the padding? There seems to be a bit of blank space on top and bottom of the image as well as a bit to the right of it. I'm not sure if it has to do with image size. I tried to crop all my images the same size.

http://travelblogfest.com/

Thanks,

• Aldo
      By Aldo
      Cool Carousel a plugin for DMS2 that provide alot of features, but issue when viewing the page on a mobile device a link that is associated to one photo will not work.
      I have 4 photos in rotation in the carousel that flip by and the link associated with first photo works fine on a desktop computer buy doe not work on any mobile device.

How can i make this link work on all divices?

Thanks in advance.

Aldo