Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

farmgirlgourmet

Custom CSS/LESS Not Saving

farmgirlgourmet

I just updated my localhost install to DMS 1.1.4 today and now my Custom CSS/LESS edits will not load.  If I am on the Custom tab and hit Command/Enter my edits will show, but as soon as I publish/refresh they revert as though they don't exist.  I need to show this sites progress to a client today and need help!

Custom CSS/LESS not loading:

[attachment=1810:Screen-Shot-2013-12-03-at-10.17.24-AM.jpg]

After Command/Enter

[attachment=1811:Screen-Shot-2013-12-03-at-10.17.46-AM.jpg]

Any thoughts on why it's not keeping the custom css after refresh?

Simon

Might be that the css isnt valid, so its using the last known css.

farmgirlgourmet

It was working fine previously...I haven't changed any of the css only upgraded to the latest version of DMS.

James B

Do you have any kind of cache plugin active? Asking which could be masking changes?

If you put the css into the fallback in wp admin>pagelines>dashboard>fallback css/Less does it show then on the live page once saved?

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

• Similar Content

• stephen2
      By stephen2+
      I'd like to know where DMS writes custom CSS/LESS & Custom Scripts.  

The reason I ask, yesterday I inadvertently pasted the wrong script into the custom script area I got a white screen. Neither the wordpress side or the pagelines side were available.  

I've since resolved the issue by restoring the site with its last backup. I'd like to know so next time I could FTP in and delete the bad code.