Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xtrme

DMS editor strips css

Recommended Posts

xtrme

Note: Martin Davies is helping me with this

 

I've been testing DMS on a site that isn't live but can't get it to work.  Here's what happens: the editor launches, I make a few edits, the editor refreshes, and then all that's displayed is the site with no css or editor, just the site as it would appear built in html with no styling.  If I leave it for about 12 hours, everything works again and I can launch the editor again, but after a few edits, it breaks once more.

The site I'm testing on is very basic and I've disabled all plugins and removed all custom code.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
greenfly

Looking into this now for you. 

 

I have managed to replicate what is happening on your site. 

 

Strangely when the CSS doesn't load there are items on your page that indicate the pluginsa re still active - links to woo commerce functionality even though the plugin is set to off. 


The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
greenfly

Hello xtrme. 

 

We have looked into this issue for you and can replicate the issue however as there are no plugins installed, no custom CSS and i have not been able to replicate the exact issue when i replicated the site on my own servers (both local and remote servers) the only possible cause of this could be your server configuration. 

 

Could you contact your host and see if they are using any caching on your server and ask them to disable this to see if this resolves the issue and let us know what their response is?


The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xtrme

They were using a beta Google application. They call it "Page Speed Optimization"  When I disabled it from my control panel, it fixed the issue.  Many thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
greenfly

Thank you for letting us know 


The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×