Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

studio12

Page disappeared

studio12

The page I was working on disappeared and now shows the default slider image and iBoxes (which I had removed and replaced). When I go back into Wordpress and update the page text it has no effect. How can I get the newer page I was working on back?

http://www.studiochurch.tv/monthly-outreach-service/

DMS

Google Chrome

Danny

HI,

What do you mean it disappeared ? The actual page itself from Wordpress or the sections/content you added to it via the DMS Visual Editor ?

When you say "When I go back into Wordpress and update the page text it has no effect." if you're referring to the Wordpress content editor, then you will need to drag and drop the Content/PostLoop section into your template.

Please search our forums, before posting!

studio12

Sorry I was not more specific, wish I knew more about all this stuff. The content for the page that is in the Wordpress content editor is no longer there, the default DMS content is back (DMS slider, iBoxes, Posts). Template is same in Wordpress and DMS, set to default. That was part of the problem I think because when I set both again to default template, my slider cam back, but now I have iBoxes and no content from the Wordpress content editor. -thanks 

greenfly

Have you got the Postloop section on your page template? you will need this in order for your page to display the Wordpress page content as you put it. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

studio12

But it's not a "post" it's a page of content. Still need a Postloop section?

Danny

The section is called Content/PostLoop, therefore if you add this section to a Page it will show the Page content, if you add this section to a Post it will display the Postloop.

studio12

That did it, thanks. Can you please tell me again how to make a MediaBox orTextBox have the same color background as my sites global color? I still have not been able to figure that out. I did not know there was going to be such a steep learning curve to DMS for me, so really appreciate all the help.

Danny

What do you mean, can you provide a link to where the mediabox/textbox is and what color should it be ?