Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

antonyw

Media box etc. align centre

antonyw
Hi, I'm struggling to make media boxes, multiple columns and text boxes 'align centre' everything slopes off to the left when I reduce its size.... Thought about a workaround with 3 columns and only use middle column but this seems a bit contrived.... Is there an align centre button somewhere to align entire elements within a column or full width section?

Danny

Hi,

Can you provide a link to your site please so we can see the problem in action.

Please search our forums, before posting!

antonyw
Www.maloneywhitehead.com

I want the media box in the header to align centre so my header image and content text line up on the left.
Only the page content seems to sit comfortably in the center

Danny

Not sure what you mean, as both the image and the text are already centered ?

antonyw

No they are on the left edge of the screen..... on every computer ive looked on. 

I just cant get a text box to sit horizontally in the centre of a column, full width section.... or anywhere

Same problem with media boxes

antonyw

example: full width (12/12) column with partial width (8/12) text box inside it... I want the text box in the middle

Danny

Your image and content is centered - http://d.pr/i/gVif

If you're referring to the logo image in the top left hand corner, you have position that section there, by aligning the image with left using the options for that section and also that section is only 65% width, therefore thats why it is aligned the way it is.

antonyw
Ok so to clarify I have no control over the position of, for example, a text box horizontally inside a column or full width section?

Danny

Make the section used to add that logo full width i.e 12/12 on the increase/decrease option and then in the sections option select text align center, this should center your image.

antonyw
I want it 8/12 wide centered and then the image within it left justified

antonyw

OK so lets put this one to bed. I was looking at a post loop content window which by default was set to 8/12 wide and the 'offset right'(pro only) by default for some reason is set to 2.... so i used custom css to set the margins for other areas and that did the trick.... not sure how i'd do it for all elements with one code but for now i will do it one full width section at a time using:

[

.sec-pad2 {
margin-top:0px;
margin-bottom:0px;
margin-right:20%;
margin-left:20%;
}

]

thanks for your help with this

Danny

Thanks for informing us the issue has been resolved.