Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

imagineutopia

admin area on dms 1.1.4 site having issues loading background and more

imagineutopia

hi. 

I have a site that is having issues loading the background and other items. sometimes DMS itself cannot load the admin stuff and it spins forever, but if I hit refresh it kinda starts working.

but its got issues. the performance is spotty with what it loads and doesn't. http://womenshrinking.com/

ws-problem.jpg

Danny

Hi,

What do you mean it can not load the admin stuff, what is the admin stuff ?

Also, do you mean you want to upload a background image and also have your content area not transparent ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

imagineutopia

it has trouble in the admin area loading everything. this is a dms problem I seem to have.

in my example you can see how the admin area does not load the sites background image.

sometimes it doesn't load anything at all. I just get the spinning DMS wheel and a blank page.

in theory should the admin area match the live area better? I've also had preview problems with split slider as well where it won't load the slider images in the admin area.

Danny

When you say Admin are you referring to the DMS Visual Toolbar at the bottom and the DMS Layout grid ?

If so, then that should display a perfect representation of your site. If it isn't and you're getting the spinning wheel, this usually is caused by a plugin or custom script you have added. Please disable all active plugins except for DMS Pro Tools and see if this resolves your issue.

I have just added a background image and have no issue with the DMS Toolbar (admin) displaying the background image.

Please search our forums, before posting!

imagineutopia

ok cool. There's a plugin I'm using called Adobe Edge Suite that might be causing issues.

http://edgedocks.com/

do you know if DMS plays nice with Adobe Edge? its like their new flash but its HTML5.

something about it is keeping the DMS toolbar area from displaying well.

I can contact them as well. they are official adobe I think.

James B

Hi John

I've not used that plugin before but it looks like they use quiet a bit of js and looking at their support page - http://wordpress.org/support/plugin/edge-suite it seems to have some form of drag and drop capability, which will be what is conflicting with the DMS editor. The DMS editor is jquery based so if that ever vanishes or acts erratically then its usually a sign that the js code in a plugin doesn't agree with it.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

imagineutopia

alright. I'll see if there's another way to embed them without it causing conflicts. thanks