Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

larskurverud

remove metabar?

larskurverud

Anyone knows how to remove the metabar from my posts? (author, date/time, category)

I´ve tried several css changes to the custom css, but can not get any to remove this.

Thanks!

James B

Hi there,

To remove completely just set to display:none.

.post-meta .metabar {
    display: none;
}

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

larskurverud

Thank you!

Is there also a way you could hide only the author and category, but keep post date?

Thanks again.

Danny

The Post Meta info is fully customizable, as all the info are shortcodes. Visit one of your posts and then click edit (Pencil icon) which will bring up the PostLoop settings, then click on the More Info button on the Configure Full Width Post Metabar & Configure Clip Metabar options.

http://d.pr/i/6KF2

Then copy and paste any of the shortcodes you wish to use.

Please search our forums, before posting!

larskurverud

Thanks, but then I would need to include the shortcode for every post i add later?
Is there a way to set this as a default? (also at posts page) The perfect sollution would be to just hide the author and category, and keep everything else as default.
(I'm not the one who's going to operate this site, and the person who will is not capable to do anything else than writing the contents so I would like to make it as simple as possible...)

Danny

No the Post Metabar info, is global, so whatever shortcodes you add will be visible on all posts.

So if you want to have no the date visible in the metabar when viewing your Blog or individual posts, just add [post_date] to the metabar options field.

Danny

No problem.