Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

outtareach

Removing exra height on sections

outtareach    3
outtareach

I have sections where I am getting extra space on the bottoms and tops of content and its not padding or margin.  When I hover I just see that the box is bigger than the content and I am not sure how to change this as it seems to be calculated.  Does anyone know how do I remove spacing like in this image?

spacing.png

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

Can you provide a link to the page in question please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• JawDesigns
      By JawDesigns
      Hi to all,
      I always have this problem and I'm unhappy with the fix I usually apply for aligning columns at the bottom (see attached).
      For example: I use two text boxes side by side. Both text columns have a background colour. Text column 1 has 200 words and text column 2 has 300 words.
      How do I easily get them to align at the bottom without using a min-height declaration? I want to get text column 1 with 200 words to fit the height of text column 2 if that makes sense?
      Thanks for any help on this!
      Cheers,
      James

• thesongchanneler
      By thesongchanneler
      Aloha,

Another simple question, I'm sure. Just too much space under my nav bar on home page (right at top, below my banner)....    it's the space under the nav bar, and above my "template" which isn't really a template anymore, but 3 columns. How to remove the space? Please view at devorakalma.com

Thank You,
      Devora
    • swiftitnz
      By swiftitnz
      Hello to all DMS users and support people!

I'm having this issue trying to remove the blank space at the bottom part of each section (PLEASE SEE THE IMAGE).

Image/Screeshot link: http://pho.to/7EDMB

I have tried selecting the padding to be '0', but no luck.

Any suggestions? Help is much appreciated.

Just in case you want to see the live site (currently being finished): http://mostrespectedagents.net/

Regards,

Imran

P.S.: I am using DMS Pro version 2.1.6.1
    • photomom86
      By photomom86+
      I've attached a screen shot. I have 2 columns in my header area. One has a media box (contains my logo) the other has a simplenav and a mediabox (contains the social media icons and a google ad). Under these two columns my nav bar sits. There is a lot of extra space between the bottom of my columns and the top of my navbar.

Can you help me? I want to decrease the amount of space between the two. Thanks!

[attachment=2390:Header Spacing.png]

• james3
      By james3
      Hello all,

I am pretty new to Pagelines and CSS in general, so any help would be hugely appreciated.

My issue is how to remove space around the following:
      - Text boxes
      - Media Boxes
      - Sliders
      - Between Sections (i.e. Header, Template, Footer)

Website URL: www.apcworldwide.com       Login: 
      Framework Version: DMS 1.0.3.7
      WordPress Version: 3.9.1
      Plugins in Use: Easy Pie Maintenance Mode (Askimet and Simple Page ordering installed but not Activated)
      Server/Host: Network Solutions
      Screenshots: attached
      Details:

The spacing issues are:
      Slider - there is a boarder around it and white space as well. I would like it to abut, with no space or boarder, to the area of the template section.

Text Box - need to remove or better, control, the amount of space above and below the line of text "The passion to achieve added value through Advanced thinking."

Media Boxes (middle section of template) - need to remove the transparent space (margin??) around the media boxes themselves. This would allow, for example, the horizontal white lines inside the three images in a row (polymers, fiber and thermoplastic) to connect to each other. As you can see now, the horizontal rules are broken by the horizontal space between the media boxes.

Sections - could be just me, but it appears there is space (vertically) between sections too.

For the Media Boxes, I tried making the three media boxes in a row exactly 4/12ths wide each so they would abut each other, but there is still space.
      I have tried to set margin, boarder and padding in the Custom Code section without success. I inspected the code in Google Chrome's  inspector and from what I can see it looks OK.  I probably just dont understand what is inherited by what and how to specify the class or id properly to remove the space. I find all the classes and dependencies a bit confusing...

I also looked throughout the forum and found several others with similar issues, but could not solve this by trying the code examples provided for them.

In your reply please remember I am a beginner, so as complete an answer, and the reason behind it (so I can learn :)), are greatly appreciated.

Regards,
      Jim Summers
      jamesssummers1@gmail.com