Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sum247

Access to H1 Tag to optimize site

sum247

Hello,

I'm in the process of optimizing my site and I need to have access to the h1 tag on my site to place keyword so I can move forward with seo please help?

Thanks!

Danny

Hi,

Can you go into greater detail please, not quite sure what you're trying to do.

Please search our forums, before posting!

sum247

My site is hosted with Godaddy and we've purchased something called search engine visibility to help us optimize the site and everything is working well except this tool can't find our h1 tag on the site. Also I'm realizing from all the info provided on pagelines dms very little is talked about seo and security. I found a forum topic on seo that provided a link to read more but it doesn't go anywhere.  (I've had to place a lot of plugins to take care of this.) I wish there was more support for these to things that are so important and feeing pretty naked when it comes to this online. So sorry to express such frustration but this is where I've been directed to.

Anyways, If I can't optimize the h1 tag on the site then we will not be fully optimized and truly I don't know where that leaves us. Godaddy said they found where the h1 tag needs to go in the header.php and they made me the favour to place in this code on line 49: <?php echo "<h1>street dog art studio</h1>" z?>

​but its not at all except able for the site to look like that. I'm hoping there's a solution for this.

Thank you ahead of time.

Y

Danny

We do not recommend nor support edits to the core code, this means the suggestion by GoDaddy could well be accurate for other Wordpress themes, but not DMS. You can add a H1 anywhere you like using the TextBox or MediaBox sections and add HTML such as:

<h1>My website is cool!</h1>

In regards to SEO, I would recommend you install Wordpress SEO by Yoast, its regarded as the best SEO plugin for Wordpress.

Please search our forums, before posting!

greenfly

I think you are being advised to add H1 in the header area. Some SEO practices teach using H1 in your header area. As Danny says - add a text box with your site title in it to the header area. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

sum247

If its that simple thats fantastic and really appreciate the advise! Thank you will try it out! And get back to you with update. And I was def not going to mess with code...that's why I'm here asking for advise.

greenfly

Let us know how you get on. :)

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

sum247

Just wanted to get back to let you know it worked well and now the site is optimized. Thank you for your prompt support. 

James B

Thanks for updating the thread, glad you managed to resolve. Have a great weekend.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

TourKick (Clifford P)
My PageTitle section has tags like that: http://www.pagelinestheme.com/pagetitle-section/