Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mckdesign

Updated to 1.1.3, DMS Editor doesn't load, nor does CSS

mckdesign

Hi. I just updated one site to DMS 1.1.3, having done the same to the development version over a week ago with no problems. Installs are identical with plug-ins and the like.

The CSS won't load, nor will the editor. I tried switching from my child theme to default DMS, no luck. Turned off all plug-ins, leaving Pro Tools enabled. Is there a way to try to flush the LESS cache and see if that does it?

UPDATE: I was able to bring back the site temporarily. I copied the /uploads/Pagelines/ compiled CSS and editor-draft.css files over from my development site and the editor was restored. I then tried flushing the LESS/CSS cache data; when the browser refreshed, it craps out again, and displays

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /nfs/c06/h05/mnt/154171/domains/mckessonalternatesiterx.com/html/wp-content/themes/dms/includes/less.plugin.php on line 2289

at the top (several, that's just one). I tried re-saving the LESS file in my child theme, then flushing the cache again, but that still craps out the editor again. I finally get it looking fine in the editor, but pulling the site up in Firefox, for example, the CSS still isn't loading properly.

UPDATE II: Replaced DMS from scratch, didn't fix it. Replaced child theme, now seems to have evened out. Not sure what's going on, since it was still acting up with DMS only, unless it's due to corrupted compiled files in the Uploads directory. Overall, it's likely user error. Hitting the Publish button and refreshing the page no longer results in the errors.

Tim

James B

Hi Tim

Glad you managed to get resolved. It would be hard to say what was wrong without seeing it happen first hand, but it could be a number of things. How did you update the site, or was this a new site that you move from the development version to a live install?

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

mckdesign

Hi, James. I'm still befuddled as to what was going on last week, but all seems settled out. I maintain two sites (on the same host, so same environment), one a development version and one that's the main domain. I'd updated the development site some weeks back with no problems, so figured it was a good time to update the public-facing site via the WordPress updater.

I can only guess there was some sort of glitch during the update that I somehow fixed when I started messing with replacing the compiled CSS files.

Crossing my fingers with the 1.1.4 update ... :-)

James B

Fingers crossed, keep us posted if you have anymore issues. You shouldn't have any problems with the DMS core updates really, try disabling any plugins prior to updating as a precaution, then once the update is completed activate them to see if any of them conflict with the new update. Also make sure you export the posts/pages and save your DMS settings so you have a copy just in case you do run into problems.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B