This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Publish button doesn't work

Hi, DMS looks promising but the publish button doesn't work sometimes and the preview doesn't match what is live.... Or my changes aren't saving somehow.... Hard to say what's gang on please help

OK, this has been brought up several times already, the Publish button does indeed work. However, there is minor bug that has been fixed and will be implemented in an upcoming patch.

For the moment, you use this band aid.

1. Configure your section this can be changing the options, adding an image, adding text and so forth.

2. Once you have done so, click any where outside of an option or click onto a new option field.

3. This will trigger the saving progression icon next to the publish button.

4. Once this has completed and the saving progression icon disappears, click Publish and reload your site.

5. Your settings should now be saved correctly.

We apologise for any inconvenience this bug may have caused.

Please search our forums, before posting!

I don't believe the publish button works properly (or much of anything in DMS for that matter). I have been trying to create a site with DMS (and never will again) and has been nothing but problems getting anything to save properly to the live site. I have been working on a landing page for a site with four full width sections in it for over 4 hours. (Sounds pretty easy since its basically the same as your pitch video). I could have had the whole damn site coded out and working in that amount of time.

What happens is this:

1. I place a "Textbox" area into the page
  2. I add in a title and leave the rest of the settings as default
  3. I click publish (it displays in DMS fine, has my styles, font size etc)
  4. I view the site in another browser, doing a hard refresh.
  5. I see NOTHING in that text box

The publish didn't work, so I go back to DMS and do the following

1. Hard refresh DMS
  2. Click edit on the Textbox area (i see my changes are there)
  3. Add some text into the text content area just for giggles
  4. I click outside the area (system says saving)
  5. I click on another tab, then click back to edit (just to see)
  6. I click publish

Somehow I end up getting the thing to actually display, then after making a change to another section my styles get reverted back to default and I'm back at step 1.

I'm using Wordpress 3.8.1 and DMS Professional Tools 1.4.9

Hello @ereynolds 

Could you provide a link to your site please and also go to the visual editor and enable debug for us so we can see what is happening behind the scenes. 

You can enable debug in the visual editor - Site settings > advanced > enable debug. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"