Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bas

Widgets and Widgets Sidebars gone after deleting Pagelines and Woocommerce for Pagelines

Bas

Hi,

The following strange problem occured.

I'm using Theme "Suffusion" and Plugin "Woocommerce" to build my new website.

I was interested in Pagelines, so I downloaded and installed it, also the Plugin "Woocommerce for Pagelines", to see the e-commerce functionality..

After looking around for a bit (without editing), I decided to leave Pagelines and return to my initial Theme "Suffusion".

After deleting Pagelines and Plugin "Woocommerce for Pagelines", I noticed that the number of available Widgets in Appearance >>> Widgets was less than it used to be. For instance, all the Woocommerce Widgets are gone at the moment. Also the Widgets Sidebars in Appearance >>> Widgets are not visible!!

At the Frontend of my site www.oldtimers-uitlaten.nl all the used Widgets are still working! . . . . . . .but it's impossible to modify them in the Dashboard >>> Appearance >>> Widgets. . . . . . Simply because they aren't visible there  :blink:

I think it got something to do with the install of Pagelines and Plugin  "Woocommerce for Pagelines" and returning to my initial Theme "Suffusion" and Woocommerce plugin.

Please let me know if you can help me out :wacko:

Website URL http://www.oldtimer-uitlaten.nl

Theme Suffusion Versie:4.4.7

Plugin Woocommerce Versie: 2.0.20

WordPress 3.7.1. 

Danny

HI,

The problem you have is that Wordpress stores menus and widgets on a per theme basis. So when you install DMS (it could have been any theme to be honest, its not related to PageLines DMS) it basically removed all your widgets for your previous theme, to stop this from occurring you should have moved all your widgets to the inactive area in Appearance > Widgets.

I am unable to view your website as the URL is not available ?

In regards to your issue, this has no relation to PageLines or DMS, as to why your widgets are not working or available I have no idea, DMS or the WooCommerce plugin for PageLines (Which by the way, isn't required for DMS) does nothing to the Appearance > Widgets area, therefore, it hasn't removed/deleted any widgets.

I recommend you contact the theme developer for assistance.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Bas

Hi Danny,

Thanks for your answers!

It's seems that the problem was one of my Plugins. I de-activated them all and one by one activated them again.

One of the Plugins caused the problems! I contacted the Publisher of that Plugin and reported the failure. I'm waiting for their answers.

So .... Happily, its got nothing to do with Pagelines and Woocommerce for Pagelines :thumbsu:

Thank you for spending time to my problem and keep up the good work!!!

Thanks,

Bas

Danny

No problem Bas, just happy to hear your issue has been resolved and we appreciate you taking the time to inform us.

Please search our forums, before posting!