Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OBourgeois

Sub-menu link in main menu and mobile menu

OBourgeois

HI

Is it possible to have in the menu of the site, a sub-menu entry without any link action on it ?

If you just add in your menu a "links" with an  "#" URL, it will works in the main site, when you pass the mouse on this sub-menu, you will see all sub-sub-entries, when you click on the sub-menu itself nothing append.

Exactly what i want !

But when you open the site on a mobile, in the menu you see the sub-menu but not the sub-sub-entries !

How to do that correctly ?

Best regards

Olivier

Olivier Bourgeois

CEO of Fastnet SA & MailCleaner Anti Spam

Danny

Hi,

Unfortunately, the mobile menu is different to your main menu. The idea behind the mobile menu and having it configured separately i.e. choosing a different menu from DMS Toolbar > Settings > Layout and Nav > Primary and Secondary.

The primary option is intended to hold your main menu links and the secondary is intended to hold any other menu links you like usually sub menu items.

Please search our forums, before posting!

OBourgeois

Thanks Danny 

I know this feature but wanted to be sure that is is the only solution, because maintain 2 different menus is not very easy (multiplied by the number of languages....)

best regards

Olivier Bourgeois

Danny

There are other solutions, such as using the UberMenu plugin with the section that is available in the store. Ubermenu is as the same suggested a Wordpress menu plugin or uber proporations, you can even use widgets in your menu.

I would probably check that out - http://wpmegamenu.com/

Please search our forums, before posting!

OBourgeois

By default in the "Secondary Navigation Menu" (version for mobile)  is it possible to have more than 2 level of sub menu ?

Regards

Olivier

Olivier Bourgeois

James B

Hi there,

Unfortunately the mobile menu will only show the primary and sub menu, it won't display any items deeper that the initial sub menu.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B