Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sheilahoff

Quick Slider reverts when page updated

sheilahoff

Site under dev at www.carrie.hoffmangraphics.com. On this page http://carrie.hoffmangraphics.com/who-can-benefit-from-a-session/ when I save text changes in the WP Dashboard editor the QuickSlider in the sidebar reverts to the default images. The first couple of times this happened I was able to go into DMS and re-select the template for that page which fixed it. But this time I actually had to reassign the 3 images. Fortunately, it's not a huge deal. BUT I don't understand why this is happening and anything random is worrisome once it's turned over to the client. I'm wondering if this has to do with using templates. Someone had recommended that I make a unique template for each page. Now when I edit that page in WP there's a place called DMS Page Setup that indicates what PL Template to load. I'm just guessing maybe the issue is there. But I don't really have a clue!

Any insights?

Thanks.

Sheila Hoffman | Hoffman Graphics | Seattle

James B

Hi Shelia

Where are you making text changes? In the fields for the slides or elsewhere? I've tried replicating by editing the page text and the slide text but so far the images seem to be reloading as before.

If you have access to jing http://www.techsmith.com/jing.html or can drop me a screenshot showing exactly where you're editing so we can try and replicate what's happening for you.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

sheilahoff

I don't know if it's 100% repeatable. I will try to do a video and post. But to answer your question, I'm editing in the WordPress editing box in the Dashboard NOT in DMS at all. But in general you agree that I should not need to reset the template right?!

Sheila Hoffman | Hoffman Graphics | Seattle