Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MissT

Post Pins restricted to a custom post type

MissT+    4
MissT

Hi there,

Is it possible to restrict Post Pins to a custom post type? You can select a category but it would also be really useful to restrict it to a custom post type.

Many thanks in advance!

Danny    1,327
Danny

HI,

PostPins will only work with Posts. If you like, you're free to create a child section of PostPins and add the option for CPT support.

Please search our forums, before posting!

MissT+    4
MissT

Thanks Danny, I can create child section but its knowing what to add - I don't know php.  Would be nice if this could be logged as an enhancement request please?

I'm quite often finding that ways to show posts that a sites owner can edit themselves is quite limited. Clients want to be able to edit there own site content and often its best its not all held in posts on the blog page, its good to use a category to group the posts or even a custom post type and then its nice to be able to display these posts in dfferent ways not just in the standard posts page layout.  Hence the use of Post Pins. Other ways of displaying multiple posts from categories or custom post types would be great.

Danny    1,327
Danny

No problem.

Please search our forums, before posting!

MissT+    4
MissT

Hi Danny, that link for github doesn't work - can you give me the correct one please - I had a look but couldn't find it.

I'd like to add a comment about another post pins ehancement - to add a filter at the top similar to as is used in the following plugin:

http://codecanyon.net/item/wordpress-social-stream/2201708

Many thanks :)

James B    436
James B

Hi there, that repository for postpins and the other products/sections are locked so only staff will be able to access unfortunately. 

Any enhancements place in the main tracker at https://github.com/pagelines/DMS/issues/new

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

• Similar Content

• MissT
      By MissT+
      Hi there, the Filter By option within the Masonic section isn't working when a custom post type and custom category is selected.  If you swap to normal posts and categories then it works but sadly not with custom post types and custom categories.
      All posts are shown but when you click on the categories all posts disappear even though posts do have these categories. When you click All all the posts come back. I've tried this on two different websites with the same result.
      Many thanks in advance.
    • ade55
      By ade55+
      Was working perfectly now I get this
       [attachment=2546:pp.JPG]

Going to roll back wp and see what happens

• bwdsl247
      By bwdsl247
      I am using 'Type' plug-in to create custom post types. 

However, when I go into Flipper (and some other DMS plug-ins) I don't see the custom post types I create in the Post Types drop-down; only Pages, Posts and Testimonials.

I assume Flipper supports custom post types, right?

If so, what settings should I look at to make it so all my custom post types appear in Flipper's drop-down selector for post types.

Thanks!
    • sethoof
      By sethoof
      I am working on developing a research center for my charity's website (www.opfistula.org).  We will define a custom post type for the research papers we include.  I was hoping to use the blog template to display these custom post types. But I am not sure how to get the custom post types to display or how to get the sidebar information in the blog template (popular, recent, comments, tags) to link to the custom post type I have created.  It seems to be linking to the normal post types, which I am using for our blog page. 

The Research Center: http://www.opfistula.org/fistula-research-center/
      The blog: http://www.opfistula.org/blog/

Can you guys help? 
    • fionnlavery
      By fionnlavery
      Hello,

For the site I am creating I want to use the the docker as a side menu for some sections of the site.
      However I want to keep the pages I am linking to, to have different templates.
      Currently I can make a custom post type and get them into the docker but it would appear I am unable to use different templates for all these pages as having them as custom post types seems to force them all to have the same template.

Is there anyway I can use the docker to link to pages that use different page templates?

Regards,

Fionn