Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JaffaDave

Completed website DMS Broke

JaffaDave

I've just completed a site and all was working, all of a sudden the page wont load any CSS and the editor is disabled. I've disabled all plugins but still nothing works, HELP I was just about to do a handover and now its totally screwed. 

http://www.launchingway.com.au/ebay-store/

I can see the enable Editor Link but cant click on it, what is going on?

JaffaDave

OK further to this problem, I have just restored the entire web site and all looks fine until I log out then the CSS doesn't load for the web site, anyone please shed some light on the issue?

James B

Hi there

Do you have at least one post and one page published. Wp and DMS requires one of each to generate the urls. The css seems to be loading now, are you still having issues?

If you do, do you have the Pro Tools DMS Plugin installed and active? This has hacks installed for any server/css issues which are common and could fix. This is available from your account page - www.pagelines.com/my-account.

If you still have issues, enable debug in the dms control panel>global options>advanced and post us the url to the debug link so we can see what is listed in the server setup.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

JaffaDave

Hi James,

As this was an urgent issue and time was a concern to get the site completed for the client I ended up exporting the WP content and re-creating the entire web site. The site was completely finished with posts, pages all working prior to the error hence my frustration for the sudden stop.

The problem occurred when i turned on Pro Tools thats when everything went pear shaped. 

Anyway i'll keep you posted if I can re-create the problem.

JaffaDave

An Update,

now I have had time to review the code of the previous broken web site I have found exactly what caused the issue - The very last step i took once i completed the web site and after i enabled Pro Tools was to add two small text boxes to the footer of the website with Copyright and Link information.

I had left off the closing </a> from the a href in the footer and this broke DMS editor completly. Also I turned off the editor once the problem occurred and hence the reason i couldn't access anything anymore. I guess the smart thing here would have to typed in the manual URL to turn the editor back on and fix the coding error.

Who would have thought such a small over sight would bring DMS to its knees? :(