Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mno

Lightbox on DMS MediaBox Section

mno

Dear all,

I'd like to use on of the features of DMS to show images in a column (refer to attachment). Naturally choose for a MediaBox. Now, do like to have the opportunity to enlarge the image in a lightbox. I'm quite stuck with it. Anyone open for a suggestion?

Thank you!

Other reference info:

Website URL: http://www.gateway.org.hk/programs/gps/camp-introduction/
Framework Version: DMS Free Version
WordPress Version: 3.7.1

Danny

Hi,

In order to open up a larger version of your image in a lightbox popup effect, you will want to use a plugin such as Lightbox for Wordpress or FancyBox, these plugins usually include a class which you assign to your HTML, which will then allow you to open up a larger image.

The plugins usually include documentation on how to achieve this.

Please search our forums, before posting!

mno

Thank you,

I'm actually using fancybox already and it is working on the rest of the site.

Now in the MediaBox settings I added fancybox in the styling Classes. But no effect. I attached some files showing you some settings.

Any idea what im doing wrong?

James B

Unfortunately those thumbs came out really small so we're unable to see the actual content of the code you've added. Can you re-post from an external source like jing or imgur for us so we can see at a higher resolution.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Danny

OK, the issue is that the styling classes field adds classes to the section tag and not individual elements. Therefore, adding the classes there will trigger nothing.

What I recommend is you use the MediaBox and use HTML and add the fancybox class there instead.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• Kedark
      By Kedark+
      Hello,
      I apologize for the trivial question, but I can not deal with it. How do I turn off the display of a distinctive image on the page? (I have to add it because I use plugins that use it), but as I display the page, I do not want it to be visible (and appears above the subject.).
      Probably a cliché but I can not deal with it. Therefore, a request for help.
      Regards
      RKA
    • mtaus
      By mtaus+
      I have added a Lax section on the footer of this site: http://www.ics-law.org.php72-38.lan3-1.websitetestlink.com/ but the background image is not displaying. When I first add the image it appears in the background, but then after saving and reloading it is gone even though the thumbnail indicates it's still there. Screenshot attached.
      Any suggestions?

• mtaus
      By mtaus+
      I'm trying to add a Careers page to a site to display job openings. The plan is to create a Post using a subcategory 'Careers' and then display those on the page. All of the post sections in PL seem to include images and there's no obvious way to remove them or include an excerpt from the post. 
      Any suggestions?
    • chamois_blanc
      By chamois_blanc+
      Hello,
      Shouldn't the image PL5 component be using the srcset/picture css directives to pick the correct size for an image? or it does already and I don't know how to use it? Thank you for any advice or enlightenment.
    • Steve Webb
      By Steve Webb+
      I am having an issue with DMS editor not loading.  Just keeps spinning and spinning.
      Have tried several things - Logged in and out, cleared cache, deactivated all plugins, but the issue persists.
      I even had our host restore from a backup a few weeks ago, when I know it WAS working, as I edited a text box on the homepage.  The restore from backup didn't help either.
      Also, the front end of the site shows that the site is framed, or boxed now (whatever you call it), instead of full width as it was previously (last week).
      Dev console shows that there are php errors in Google maps - file is attached.
      Can someone please help?  Not sure what else I can do here...
      Thanks in advance.
      -Matt