Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

triggerfish

Header and footer ..not able to delete

triggerfish

No matter what I do, the header and footer that I keep deleting keep coming back..along with the Simple Nav.

I have tried deleting them and saving tit then as a template but it still keeps reappearing.

One of the pages can be viewed here... http://nvgoldcorp.net/NGC/news/

greenfly

Look like the header has gone from your site now. 

May seem like a silly question but are you ensuring the light is green before refreshing the page? 

also can you go to site settings in your Visual Editor and enable the debug for us. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

triggerfish

Hi,

Yes on the green light.

Sorry where is this..."site settings in your Visual Editor and enable the debug for us"

triggerfish

Found debug..its now on

greenfly

Ok thanks - i tried the debug but for some reason it is not showing your debug. 

Could you create an admin account for your wordpress site and send the crednetials to hello @ pagelines.com and i will jump on and take a look for you 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

triggerfish

K its created and emailed to you

user name Pagelines

greenfly

Just logged on to your site and DMS is not your theme. 

triggerfish

Sorry Ive been shutting it off and on..its back on again

triggerfish

I cant wait allday..so I have to take the DMS off line again

James B

Removed - spoke to Martin, he found login details

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

greenfly

Hello Triggerfish 

I have logged on and checked your site. I reactivated the Child Theme you have created and saw you have the 'QuickCache plugin activated. 

Please can you try disabling this plugin and try to delete the footer contents again. Make sure you delete the cache first before deactivating the plugin. 

Using Cache whilst making changes to your site will affect changes as you are seeing a cached version of the page rather than the actual site page.