Sign in to follow this  
frrckfrr

4-column Magazine Layout Mode

2urn

I would like this option too??”3 columns actually... please.

Sourena

The more difficult way is to create a customized page template for your theme. The easier way is to use "WP Post Columns" plugin: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-post-columns/other_notes/ Other solutions: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/search.php?q=Column&sort=

alefba.us

Web Development & Design for Right-to-Left languages

ricardo

I did this the other day as a test for a project I'm working on. This is a quick and dirty hack. Hopefully Pagelines will come up with a more elegant solution or integrate this on PP. - Make sure your active theme is platform base; - If you haven't done it before, copy template.postloop.php from platformpro to platformbase; - Open it and first change the clip count values to 4 (leave the rest of the lines as they are, these are just for your reference in case your line number don't match):

1. Line 18: $clipcount = 4;
  2. Line 123 if($clipcount % 4 == 0)
  3. Line 157 ($clipcount+1) % 4 == 0
- Change the script output just one clip css class by modifying line 128 from this:
<?php $clip_class = (($clipcount+1) % 2 == 0) ? $clip_class = 'clip clip-right' : $clip_class = 'clip';?>
to this:
<?php $clip_class = 'clip';?>
- Add the following style overrides to your custom css code:
/* @ Clips */
		#pagelines_content .clip, #buddypress-page .clip{
			width:23%;
		}
		 #site.fullwidth #pagelines_content .clip, #site.fullwidth #buddypress-page .clip{
			width: 24%;
		}

Depending on your typography choices, decreasing 1% (or 2) to the above values might look better. Last but not least, if you want 3 columns follow the same instructions setting the clip count to 3 and use 31% and 32% instead of the 23% and 24% above. Ricardo

marmaristasarim
Ricardo I know you posted this in April. But upon my search I found this solution of yours ... and it was so perfect for my 4 columns (ideal for yacht listings)! Just wanted to thank you!!

petere21
Hi Ricardo Do you have any idea where I Could find file for editing columns like you recommend in Pagelines 2 dev? Or any other idea for fullwidth layout 3 or 4 colummns? thanx

bsaul
I want to do this in the PageLines theme - is it possible? If so, which file should I edit? Thanks

dekoff
Where can i find the template.postloop.php?

Rob
@dekoff, which product are you using? BTW, you should open a new topic as this one's older.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur