Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crunchnet

Custom CSS not being applied

crunchnet

URL: http://bb.crunchnet.co.uk/
DMS Version: 1.1.3
DMS Professional Tools: 1.4.2 (No other active plugins)
Wordpress Version: 3.7.1
Host: Heart Internet
Details:

I have added some custom CSS to the website. When I hit Cmd⌘+Return the site displays what I am expecting (the menu and heading tags using a Google font). After publishing the page and reloading it, none of the CSS changes have taken effect yet when I go back in to add custom CSS and just press the Cmd⌘+Return keys, I am shown what I expect to see again. 

I have flushed the cache, before anyone mentions it. Still no joy. Below is the CSS I've added. 

body{ background:#000000; }

.hentry h1, .hentry h2, .hentry h3, .hentry h4, .hentry h5, .hentry h6{
  font-size:40px !important;
  font-family:"Cinzel Decorative" !important;
  margin:0px !important;
  padding:0px !important;
  font-weight:normal;
}

h2 { font-size:36px !important; }

h3 { font-size:30px !important; }

h4 { font-size:26px !important; }

h5 { font-size:24px !important; }

h6 { font-size:20px !important; }

.horizontal-white-line { border-bottom:1px solid # !important; }

.left-navigation .navbar .navline > li > a {
  font-size:12px !important;
  font-family:"Cinzel" !important;
}

.right-navigation .navbar .navline > li > a {
  font-size:14px !important;
}

.left-navigation .navbar,
.right-navigation .navbar { 
  box-shadow:none !important; 
}

Aires

I just ran into this same problem also on my test site I had to apply the CSS  in the back end for it to take mind if i ask what  3rd party plug in you have installed. I currently have these http://i.imgur.com/Kt4lPI1.png

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

crunchnet

Hey there,

Currently I have nothing other than Pagelines DMS and DMS Professional Tools. I have run in to the problem of the front-end editor not saving changes to custom CSS but that's not really the issue I have at the moment. 

crunchnet

Quick Update:

Currently, I have got around this problem by installing a plugin called 'Simple Custom CSS'. It's very basic but it seems to do the job. It is by no means ideal, however, and I would like to get to the bottom of why this isn't working as expected. 

Danny

OK, there does indeed appear to still be an issue with certain settings not saving correctly upon clicking publish. I've reopened our issue on this matter in our tracker.

A quick bandaid is for you to add your changes then click outside of the editor, for example add your changes then click on the "Custom LESS/CSS" title. This will initiate a save, once the saving progress icon is completed, click publish and your CSS should be applied.

I just added your custom CSS to my test site, and when I followed this method the CSS worked.

Please search our forums, before posting!