Sign in to follow this  
fakeality

Station Pro 3 Features

fakeality

Hi, I've been having some trouble with dictating which features should go on particular pages. That is, I want to have my home page (which has no page ID and I can't change its permalink), to have certain stories in its features slideshow that only appear there and nowhere else. The problem is, if you leave the "Page ID" field empty on the individual feature setup pages -- which you need to do if the story is to appear on the homepage, which has no page ID -- it appears on every other page, as well. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, like a plugin that should be installed for full functionality or something, but I'm stumped. I saw on tutorials something about "Box Sets," but I couldn't find that option anywhere. Any ideas? Jess

bryan-hadaway

What you can do is manually create a new page named "Home" from the Pages section. Then in: Settings > Reading set it as the homepage effectively giving you an ID for it and control over it. Thanks, Bryan

fakeality

Thanks, Bryan -- I did that originally to make my homepage, but after a while wordpress suppressed its page ID (probably figuring out that I had made it the static page I wanted to show when people went to my website, so taking off the ?page_id=#). Is there a way to stop wordpress from doing this, or manually changing the permalink for this page? Jess

cmunns

Every page has a page ID. View the source and you'll see it always attached to the body tag.

fakeality

Thank you! I wish there were a more intuitive way to find out page ID, but that number seems to be working.