Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kedmyster

Multilingual site

Kedmyster

Hey,

Is there a way to have a site created in PageLines DMS Pro in more than one language?

I know there are plugins that allow me to have more than one version of pages/posts, one for each language which is great, but what about content within PageLines sections (text input from the user)? what about images?

I want to create a website with PageLines DMS Pro, but it needs to be both in Hebrew (which is an RTL language) and in English.

Both version should be almost identical, here are the exceptions:

* The English version should be LTR, the Hebrew version should be RTL (as far as I know, this shouldn't be a problem with plugin such as Bogo)

* Some of the images contains text, so the English version should have different images than the Hebrew version.

* The css should be slightly different where left/right alignment is found.

* The text within section such as TextBox/MediaBox should be different for each language.

* The default language is Hebrew so the domain for the Hebrew version should be www.domain.com and for the English version www.domain.com/en

Is it possible?

Thanks!

Kedmyster

Danny

Hi Kedmyster

If you want to have a Wordpress website multilingual, then you will want to check out the WPML plugin.

http://wpml.org/ 

Please search our forums, before posting!

Kedmyster

Yes, that's one part of it, but what about the layout? but what about the rest of the things? images, pagelines sections etc'?

Kedmyster

Alright, so I purchased WPML and it's great,

But what about the header/footer? is there a way to have a different version for each language?

Thanks!

Kedmyster

Alright, so basically, it almost works.

The only problem remaining is handling different version of images to each language.

I downloaded the WPML Media plugin but as far as I could tell, it only helps in having different meta data to the same picture where I'd like to have a 2 (or more) separate images that each will be used in the specific language.

For example, how can I have a different logo in the NavBar for each language?

Thanks!

Danny

I apologise, but I have no experience with that plugin whatsoever or how it works. I think the best course of action would be to create support ticket or forum post to their support and see what they recommend.

Also, if any PL user has experience with this plugin, feel free to chip in.

Please search our forums, before posting!