Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

outtareach

moz selection change

outtareach    3
outtareach

Trying to change the moz-selection background color for the site because at the moment it matches the link color.  I would like to change this but not sure how to write it in the custom css area to work.  Would anybody be able to give any advice?

greenfly    230
greenfly

Hello Outtareach

Use firebug to select the exact elector you want to change and then make the changes in firebug - you can then copy the code and paste it into your Custom CSS.

Do you have a link to your site? 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

outtareach    3
outtareach

I did that in firebug which has

*::-moz-selection{
background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #FF6600;
}

and I can change it in firebug but putting this code in dms doesnt change anything so Im not sure if I'm inputting it correctly.

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

You need to use the following:

::selection {
background: red;
}
::-moz-selection {
background: red;
}

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• tkpagelines
      By tkpagelines+
      Hi there ,
      i would like to change the color of menu items on hover and the current menu item. Both should have the same color, but not the color given of the theme scheme.
      Any suggestions ? Maybe a css snippet ?

Thanks
    • Skip
      By Skip+
      Hello
      I'm having problems with the Font not appearing correctly on a website.
      I've adjusted the font correctly with DMS (see screen shot) and saved it repeatedly yet it does not adjust the font in the website (see screen shot).  Would you please let me know what is wrong and should be done?
      (Please note that I've cleared the cache in the browser and whatnot as far as basic things I do know about browsers and issues with DMS from the past.  Hope this helps in troubleshooting...)
      Thank you.
      Skip

• nandorj78
      By nandorj78+
      I'd like to request a section (or that this could be enabled on the background settings of the existing sections) in which we could set a image to stay fixed, just as we can see in the link below:
      http://www.bootply.com/render/100702 (you can see 2 different background images and everything scrolls on top of it.)
      Is it possible to be done without having to code it via CSS every time?
    • mistrmint
      By mistrmint+
      Site : http://fireworxmedia.yourdemosite.co.za/
      I need to change the second menu items on hover to different colors.
      i.e factual needs to be blue on hover, fiction red on hover, etc. etc.
      then on the sub menu of factual, all need to hover blue with the main menu factual item staying as blue,
      and the sub menu of fiction needs to hover red with fiction item staying as red.
      etc. etc.

For the life of me I cannot figure it out.
    • jacobtippett
      By jacobtippett+
      Hi,
      I am trying to get the background image of the Revslider to be clickable and redirect to a link.
      Does anyone know how this is possible?