Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MissT

Hide parts of sidebar for certain categories

3 posts in this topic

Hi there,

On a single post page I'd like to hide certain elements with a column ( column holds a primary sidebar, textbox and ibox) depending on which category the post belongs to.  

So for post within category A and category B - I'd like to show the textbox and ibox.

And for all other categories I'd jsut like to show the primary sidebar and hide the textbox and ibox.

Is this possible with CSS? I've tried everything I can think of to no avail, I can hide elements but not by category.

I'm using WP 3.6 and DMS 1.1.3.

Many thanks in advance! :)

It looks like the paid version of the plugin Sidebar Manager Light (now recommended for custom sidebars for DMS) might help with this - is Sidebar Widget Manager also recommended / tested with DMS?

Hi,

I only tested the lite/free version I haven't tested the pro version or the features you're after.

However, if you wish to hide specific widgets from your sidebar on certain categories, you will probably want to use Widget Logic or a similar plugin. This plugins adds conditional logic to your widgets where you can display widgets on a per page/post basis.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• colleenc
      By colleenc+
      I am having an issue with the size of the font in a text box widget on my sidebar. It has me completely baffled because I have two text widgets on my sidebar and the other one is displaying perfectly. 
      The sole difference between the two is the amount of text in the widget, but that can't be the problem.
      My site is: loveandnudes.com and the text widgets are on the right side at the top. 
      I have duplicated the one with the issue and I am fiddling with it right now to see if I can find a solution. But I would love any suggestions. I though CSS would do the trick, but either I tried the wrong thing - or I put it into the wrong place.
      Thanks for your help!
    • Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      Hi,
      Is it possible to add a sidebar only for one post category? Without adding extra plugins or editing the theme code? 
      I have 4 categories of posts (blog post, news, job listing, case studies) but I want to have a sidebar only for the blog posts to appear. 
      How can I do that? 
      Thanks!
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      I am working  on a PL5 site that uses a IDX feed plugin that includes templates for that individual plugin (ex - a property listings template, a single property template, etc.) However, when I edit the Pagelines Content area to also feature a sidebar it will not actually save or apply to any of the other property pages. Are there any know issues with the templates and hierarchy? It appears to be defaulting to read-width and I can't find any way to override this setting.
      Here is a link in case that is helpful to see: http://getreadyforwow.com/ihf/idx/mls-20649468-99_sunny_st_newport_beach_ca_92663
      Is there anything I can provide to you that may be helpful in solving this issue?

• Digital805
      By Digital805
      Hello, Some differences between WHv3 and v6 is I can't figure out how to activate the sidebar widgets area. Also, I don't see previous entries at the bottom of my posts page that allows users to continue looking through posts. Can you help me with these?
      Thx.
    • abuzzelli
      By abuzzelli+
      I have a site that is showing a rapidtabs section in the sidebar when the DMS editor is inactive. When DMS editor is active it's gone. I don't want it to be there, but I can't figure out how to get to it in order to delete it. Any ideas?
      http://www.mandyyokim.com/just-like-you-were-there-mansion-exploring/