This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Register form

Hi, a new pagaline user here and so a noob question.

I’d like to build a facebook type site for my schoolmates. I created 5 section for 5 classes and now I’d like to fill the various section with the personal pages…

Let’s say I have a very basic layout, something like this

I’d like to know how much difficult is to build a basic registration form to make automatic fill the various class sections.

Also, as Facebook, I want that a user has the complete control of his profile, is it doable?

I haven't ever really tackled creating a custom registration form. However, I do know that there is a form plugin called Gravity Forms that has an addon which allows you to build custom Wordpress registration forums.

As far as I know (could be wrong) it will also allow you to populate custom profile fields, which is probably what you want to do. So in my opinion the simplest method would be to probably contact Gravity Forms and see if this is possible and ask them if they can recommend a Custom Profile fields plugin which works in conjunction with Gravity Forms.

You will probably also want to check out BuddyPress and also a Membership plugin both of which you can find on the Wordpress plugin repo.

Please search our forums, before posting!