Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sruehle

Salebar doesn't work

sruehle

The new version of salebar does not work. It does simply not show on the site, when acivated.

Funny enough though, as i was using version 1.1.0 from Pageline frameworks with DMS it worked fine.

After deinstalling 1.1.0 and installing 2.0 it did not work anylonger.

Any clues?

I tried the whole plugins deactivating thingy already.

Thanks a lot!

James B

Hi there, I've just tried salebar 2.0 on DMS and it seems to be working ok.

Are you on the latest version of DMS? Some of the code changed in the last DMS update which might cause the latest version of salebar not to work on an older version of DMS.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

sruehle

Well, i am on version 1.1.3 of DMS and there is no update being offered via dashboard.

Danny

1.1.3 is the latest version of DMS, so no update will be available. However, what version of SaleBar do you have installed ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

sruehle

As written above

"After deinstalling 1.1.0 and installing 2.0 it did not work any longer."

I am using version 2.0.0 of salebar.

To be precise: It does not show as a component at all. There is no possibility to setup a salebar.

Danny

Can you provide a link to the site in question please and also enable PL Debug mode too (DMS Toolbar > Settings > Advanced)

Also, please disable all active plugins except for DMS Pro Tools and SaleBar, also remove any custom code or scripts you may have added.

sruehle

Done. The URL is Talentschmiede.com

Danny

Can you try deactivating the SaleBar plugin and then remove it completely. Then download a refresh copy from your account and install that one please and see if this resolves your issue.

Also, you may want to contact your host and ask them to upgrade your PHP, as 5.2 is rather old, you also have the following warnings in your debug info, which need to be resolved too.

PHP Register Globals
Yes! Deprecated as of PHP 5.3 and removed in PHP 5.4

PHP Magic Quotes gpc
Yes! Deprecated as of PHP 5.3 and removed in PHP 5.4

Also, you must have some custom script or something as I am not seeing any HTML comments when viewing your page source, which displays what version of DMS you're using.

sruehle

Hello Danny,

yes, I thought i removed the custom LESS but it did not save.

I removed the LESS completely now, if you could please try again.

Danny

Removed the LESS, not sure what you're referring to, I didn't ask you to remove any LESS in any of my posts ?

sruehle

Hallo Danny,

i removed all LESS code that i inserted into the custom code section, as I understood you asking for it ("...you must have some custom script or something as...").

Other than the less code i would have nothing in the line of custom code.

Danny

Did you try removing SaleBar and then reinstalling it ?

Danny

OK, I have just installed a fresh copy and I am unable to see any settings for the SaleBar, therefore this may well be a bug. I will need to speak to James and what he did to enable the Salebar as I am unable to do so on a fresh install.

dblsae

I'm curious to see the outcome here.  I have installed the salebar as well but there is nothing on my screen.  No section or options.

Simon

Salebar is slated in to be made DMS compatible.

James B

An update to Salebar is being pushed shortly, please let us know if this corrects the issue you're experiencing. Keep an eye on the updates/store.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B