This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adding a background image to WhiteHousePro

4 posts in this topic

I have a client ( asking to add a background image to all the site pages. I've added this to the Custom Code area:

html, body {

background: url(wp-content/uploads/trpd-background.png) no-repeat center center;

-webkit-background-size: cover;

-moz-background-size: cover;

-o-background-size: cover;

background-size: cover;

It works great on the home page, but I'm wondering how to apply the same image to all the pages in the site. Can you advise me?

Thanks so much for the help,

Hi Jeff

That code will place the background on all pages, looking in your source code it's looking for the image on the other pages but fails to load the url.

Try changing the image url in your code to the full address, click the link below to get the full url as the forum is shortening it

Thanks very much James. It worked, but the image now "jumps around" on the page based on the amount of content per page (I think). I appreciate the answer. I'll keep messing with it.

Thanks for informing us the issue has been resolved.

Also, please be aware that WhiteHouse Pro is now a legacy theme and is no longer supported.

• Similar Content

• Can I remove the play button that appears on canvas area background images on mobile?
      By crose+
      I am using the Canvas Area section at the top of my site. I have a video playing in the background, which works really well on desktop. But on mobile video doesn't play without user interaction, so I have a static image in place as an alternate image. However when viewed on a mobile device there is now a play button over the static image that does nothing. This didn't use to happen so I imaging it is due to an upgrade. But this is really bad UX. Is there a way to remove it?
      Here is the site:
      Thanks in advance.
    • Make page background fill whole screen
      By jeomiland+
      Have a couple clients who are having background image issues. This should be a basic question so hope fix is easy. How do you get a specified image to auto resize so it fills the browser screen? Client has portrait-format image that's 1000x1000 and the left and right are displaying the background color (white) on my 1440 wide Macbook pro, as it is on client's computer. She has tried clicking "Fit image to page" and repeat background - neither is getting what she expects.  I suggested trying a landscape-format image.
      But the larger question is this - how does one plan a proper background image that will fill the whole screen - left to right - in the browser image and have it scale appropriately?  Should one always have landscape background images? What about scrolling vs not scrolling BG? How plan your BG image so it will fill the screen on laptops, ipads, iphones...  both in landscape and portrait format? Is it true that you can't do it? that either the left-right or top-bottom are cut off depending on the device and orientation?
      2 sites where this needs resolution:
    • Elements Update 5.0.3
      By hibbsy78+
      Mobile layout much better in 5.0.3. There appears to be an issue that it 'super-sizes' the background image?

• BG Tile Size Setting Missing from Pagelines > Settings
      By dawsonbarber+
      Under PageLines > Settings, it looks like the actual setting for the background image tile size is missing.
    • How to make Site Background Image appear on Page
      By Sparkblender
      I'm having problems defining one repeating background image to show across all my regions.
      This is what I did:
      I've defined a background image in the "Site Settings" --> "Color & BG".
      Despite this, why does my page show a solid background instead?
      See this:
      The Fixed Region's options offer the possibility to specify background options as well.
      I specified "No background" as a Background Theme, assuming that this would take the default site settings instead.
      See this:
      I tried selecting other Background Theme settings, but none of them produced the intended result.
      Please help.