Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nfp1900

custom sidebars not showing content in widgets after 1.1.3 update

nfp1900

Hi

I'm using the custom sidebar widget v. 1.3 (as recommended) to get content into the widgetizer where required. However, any new sidebars that I've created since the update don't display the content and others don't seem to update if you change it. 

I've created a new sidebar, added some obvious widgets that I know will show up, selected it in widgetizer saved and refreshed - area is empty. Choose something like the primary sidebar or something that I created earlier and it shows up. 

I'm also finding that widgets can be deleted from the custom sidebars but they aren't deleting or updating the content on the page.

http://citywomen.org.gridhosted.co.uk/login/

On the left, Quick Links is a widget that I put an image widget etc in to test - nothing shows up. Adjacent under the forum, this is an empty widget but it still shows up. 

Have double-checked this, using latest DMS and WP, everything is up to date. Let me know if you recommend another plugin?

Danny

Hi,

We recently changed the recommended plugin, see our docs for the new plugin. The Custom Sidebar plugin was causing widgets not to have tags on the header. For example, if you added the Archive widget, the title would appear as plain text and not how it should do like this:

<h3>Archives</h3> 

Therefore, can you try the new plugin instead and see if this resolves your issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

nfp1900

thanks! 

PS where is the BBpress integration plugin located? It's not in the store

nfp1900

Thanks, fine to mark this resolved...

Danny

Did the alternative custom sidebar plugin resolve your issue ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• nfp1900
      By nfp1900
      Hi

I installed the bbpress integration plugin to render the design correctly in DMS. The root of the forum is ok but clicking on any other forum is simply rendering blank pages and the editor doesn't load. 

I did have membership protection enabled but removed all of that and it's the same issue. This is the root, click on any forum and it does nothing:

http://citywomen.org.gridhosted.co.uk/only-connect-3/

• Jer
      By Jer
      I have four pages that I would like to make a custom sidebar for. I have each of the pages designate a seperate template (1, 2, 3 and 4).
      I have the custom sidebars created, but it appears that the drag and drop only differentiates the content of the page but not the sidebars. Is there a way to do this? I also noticed that my SB2 was not showing any of the sidebars I dropped into it. Thanks.

Pagelines Version: 2.4.1
      WP Version: 3.5.1.