Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RussCompton

Full page image background loop

RussCompton

I am trying to create a site that has full page background images that are basically on a continuous loop. Within DMS I went to the Settings/ Color & BG. and then within that I found that you can put a background image in and you have the option to fit image to page. That's exactly what I am looking to do but just have like 5 images on a rotating cycle. If anyone knows how this can be done I would love to know! Thanks in advance guys :)

greenfly

I have used this before to get a similar effect tto the site you linked previously http://vegas.jaysalvat.com/

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

RussCompton

Sweet! Thats exactly what I am looking for! I would ask how to put that into affect but I think Im going to continue to figure out the basics of DMS first. Really starting to get the hang of things though

greenfly

Dead simple - just add the shortcode to the page. 

It takes a little setting up but is impressive once setup. i have used it a few times. Remember to optimise your images though ;) 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

RussCompton

The optimizing part I can do within photoshop. & how exactly do I add the shortcode to the page? I havent really done much figuring out yet how pagelines does the linking up of the different files, but I take it you mean like ftp the code I downloaded from that site into somewhere on my server? If that is the case my next question would be where? Thanks Man!

James B

Hi Russ

The first link Martin provided looks like it needs to be set up manually from the information on that page. Check out http://wordpress.org/plugins/vegas-fullscreen-background-slider/ which is the same thing but packaged as a wordpress plugin, that page also shows you the example of the shortcode. You can literally just add that into the a textbox or within a page/post to get the background to take affect according to their instructions.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

RussCompton

Awesome! Appreciate the help! Thanks doods

greenfly

Actually - my mistake - the wordpress plugin of the Vegas slider is here in the repository http://wordpress.org/plugins/vegas-fullscreen-background-slider/ 

RussCompton

How exactly do I insert this into my page though?

James B

According to their instructions just paste the shortcode into the page/post content. So in a new page or post from the admin area, paste in the code like below and publish.

[vegasslider id="565" fade="1500" delay ="4500" overlay="http://mydomain.com/urloftheimage/" title="yes" arrows="yes"]

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

RussCompton

Okay I did that but now how do I activate that within wordpress?

RussCompton

Sorry with DMS*

Danny

You do as James suggested and follow the instructions provided by the plugin, by adding the shortcode to your post/page. We do not provide support for third party sections, if you require assistance, you will need to contact the author of that plugin.

Please search our forums, before posting!

RussCompton

Thats not what I asked... I am simply trying to figure out how to use plugins with pagelines DMS. Like I have said 10 times I am fairly new with Wordpress and Pagelines and I have no clue how to do this with your product, which I expect you to assist me with.

Danny

I haven't used the plugin, but according to James the plugins instructions say to add the shortcode to your post or page, so add the plugins shortcode to your post or page and that should work.

I am not sure what you're referring to when you say "I have no clue how to do this with your product, which I expect you to assist me with", creating and editing posts is the same in DMS as any other Wordpress theme, meaning you login to your Wordpress Admin Dashboard and go to posts or pages.

Please search our forums, before posting!

RussCompton

I tried to and I had James login to my computer and he said he couldnt figure out how to get it to work in DMS and told me to ask you if you how to activate the plugin in DMS. 

RussCompton

Any help? Im trying to get this solved

greenfly

Ah is this the vegas slider? Can you forward on the logon credentials for me - i got this working on my site 

Send the credentials to hello @ pagelines.com and ill get it sorted and update you :) 

greenfly

Actually - reading back on your posts it says 

Thats not what I asked... I am simply trying to figure out how to use plugins with pagelines DMS. Like I have said 10 times I am fairly new with Wordpress and Pagelines and I have no clue how to do this with your product, which I expect you to assist me with.

You just use plugins as you would with the any other theme using Wordpress.

For instructions on how to use Wordpress and Plugins please see the topic on the Wordpress Support Documentation http://en.support.wordpress.com/plugins/

RussCompton

Okay Thank you very much Martin. Ill pm you the credentials. 

greenfly

Can you send the credentials to hello @ pagelines.com - Please do not use PM's to moderators on the forum 

RussCompton

I believe i did send them. Is there space after hello?

greenfly

the email is hello @ pagelines.com without the spaces. - we right it like that for a few reasons - mainly i think to stop spam :)

greenfly

Yeah - the link you sent me to your site does not work 

Basically add the Vegas slider shortcode to the page. then if post loop is on your page template for that page, the background will work. 

You may have to set the background of your site to transparent to see the slide 

[vegasslider id="85" fade="8000" delay="8000" overlay="" title="" arrows="no" autoplay="yes"] is the shortcode i used and it worked.