Sign in to follow this  
paolafioreeticambientecom

Plug-in Skype Online Status/WHP3/No widget appear in secondary sidebar

Hi there, I have WHP3, and have installed the plug-in Skype Online Status Version 2.8.2 by R.A. Van Hagen (http://4visions.nl/en/wordpress-plugins/skype-online-status/) I defined the Skype Online Status Settings page; but, no widget appears when I drag & drop the Skype online status button widget in the secondary sidebar of a new page. In the Admin under Appearance > Widgets I have also added the Skype online status button widget in the secondary sidebar, as I wish it would appear in a new page. I continue to get this message of error on the page, after the creation of the Skype online status button widget in its secondary sidebar: "The secondary sidebar has been selected but doesn't have any widgets. Add some widgets to your secondary sidebar in the admin under appearance > widgets". Many thanks in advance for your help and support. All the best, Paola.

bryan-hadaway

Just to be sure, you've gone to: Appearance > Widgets and added the Skype widget in the correct area? Can I get a link to see how you currently have your sidebar. Also, is the plugin compatible with the newest version of WordPress? Thanks, Bryan

Hi Bryan, Thanks for your e-mail. Yes, the plug-in is compatible with the newest version of WP 3.0.1, the same that I'm using now. I can't send you a link to the page yet, as the site is still under construction, and not visible to the public. For the page I'm using the template "Highlight Page - In Content" (no parent page); you can see a very similar page at your WHP3 Demo Page at http://www.pagelines.com/demos/whitehousepro/highlight-template Anyway, I've made few tests with other sites not using the WHP3 theme, and the plug-in works fine both on a singular page and inside a widget in the secondary sidebar. Could you test this plug-in with WHP3 and latest version of WP? Many thanks for your help and support. Cheers, Paola.

cmunns

Just tested it and it's working fine. uZH6Z.jpg You may have two plugins conflicting with each other as opposed to conflicting with the theme.

Hi Adam, Many thanks for your test. I will check among the plug-ins I have to find out who is that one that is generating the conflict. All the best, Paola.