Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RussCompton

Can you import an existing website into wordpress to make changes?

RussCompton

Im currently using a Linux cPanel on godaddys servers. Like I've previously said Im fairly new with DMS, and Wordpress for that matter. If Ive already had a website built by handcoding, is there a way to import that into DMS and style it from there? and my next question would be, how do you export these out of DMS and put it on another server? Becasue the cPAnel that Im currently using is basically just a work space on godaddys servers. Im going to need to export the websites that I am creating out of DMS and put them into another server. Im really sorry if i did not explain that completely correct but Im hoping that you get the jist of what Im trying to do. Thank you very much!

greenfly

If you have created a site you could take the various elements of the site and use the html in the text boxes or create you own sections. You could probably recreate the site quite easily in DMS in a small amount of time. 

Information on creating sections is here http://docs.pagelines.com/developer/section-api

INformation on exporting your DMS sites can be found here http://docs.pagelines.com/configure/global-options

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

RussCompton

Thank you for the response. It seems that both of those links are corrupt or something. It gives me a 404 error and says that there isn't a GItHub page here. 

greenfly

yeah very odd regarding the links

go to the pages and then click refresh and they seem to load. 

Reporting this to forum admin 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

RussCompton

Hm still didnt work. I appreciate the help though. If you want to just post up on here when they are fixed Ill check them out! Thanks!

greenfly

i just tried it and it did work http://d.pr/i/KT9p

try typing into the  address bar docs. pagelines .com (without the spaces) 

Actually i said refresh - dont click refresh - press enter on the link address to reload the page 

edit: pressing enter definitely does work - i have mentioned this to the forum admin 

greenfly

RussCompton

Yup! Thanks alot!

greenfly

my bad - i added an extra space to the end of the links