Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DanatTLFN

Lite Version allows me to access Premium Features

DanatTLFN    3
DanatTLFN

Site URL: http://thelocalfilmnetwork.com/

Theme Version: Pagelines Lite Ver 2.4.4

Site hosting: GoDaddy

Hi everyone in the Pagelines forum. I have a little issue/perk that I seem to have stumbled across whilst using your theme framework.

After the update to 2.4.4, my free version of pagelines now allows me to access features that I was not able to use before. The features are labelled as 'Pro' and so I assume are for the pro version of your Pagelines framework.

Whilst I have added one or two pro features to my site I wanted to hold off using most of them, before I had confirmation from you guys that it was actually safe and ok to do so. 

To my knowledge I have not yet purchased your Pagelines framework, however I am definitely considering it!

Put Simply, Should I have access to these pro features such as a site navicon image, social icons, foot cols and so on... or is this a mistake?

Hope to hear from you soon. Any help would be great.

James B    436
James B

Hi there, the Framework is now opensource, version 2.4.4 was the last pro release which is now available from github. You're safe to continue using this version, we no longer sell the Pro/Dev edition of the Framework directly through the PageLines.com site.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

DanatTLFN    3
DanatTLFN
Brilliant thank you so much.

So what features, if any am I missing out on now or is pagelines completely free now?

Thanks again this has take a big weight off my shoulders!

Danny    1,327
Danny

PageLines Framework is now open source which means its completely free and is available on GitHub. Which allows users to contribute to the source, with bug fixes, new features etc...

https://github.com/pagelines/PageLines-Framework

• Like 1

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• flexadesign
      By flexadesign
      I have an old site running on the free version of DMS1
      you guessed it, ...

I want to update to DMS2

is it possible?
      or do i have to build 80% again?

• jason.
      By jason.
      Website URL: boneyard.teddyaddiction.com/interviewscrapyard

Framework Version: DMS 1.1.1
      WordPress Version: 4.1.1
      Plugins in Use: Custom Sidebars, Post Duplicator
      Server/Host: Linux somethingOrOther/ASmallOrange

Details:
      I built a template for use with my website. When I apply that template to a new page, I click unlock so I can edit the content. Doing this freezes the page for about 3 minutes before refreshing and presenting me with a near-blank page. The headers and footers are fine. But the template area now only contains the columns and text boxes from before. Custom styling classes, inline styles, background images— all gone.

Is it supposed to do this?

If it is supposed to do this, how can I duplicate a page and then unlink it to use as a template? Any time I try to do this the pages are inexplicably linked. Changing one page changes another.

Thanks,
      Jason
    • OBXLynn
      By OBXLynn
      I hope someone can help me with this. I have added a GIF image to my Features - www.101thingsobx.com. The image contains changing copy. However, it doesn't seem to be working right. I have this same GIF on a different website (not WordPress-based - www.obx.com) and it is functioning correctly. Is there something I need to change in settings to allow the copy to work properly?

Thank you for any help you can offer.
    • kulmetehan
      By kulmetehan
      Hi guys,

So I don't know what exactly is going on. But I get a "Error occurred: 404 - not found" whenever I try to visit any page on my website, except for the Homepage. Even though the pages are set up and published, I get this error.

Any idea where it's coming from and how to fix it? Thanks!

Please check out for yourself at: http://rijschoolacademie.nl/

• kulmetehan
      By kulmetehan
      Hi guys,

I've been a DMS user from day one and went pro just a little while after. Anyway, the last changes in plans and stuff made some things unclear to me. I'm stil paying for the  $10 a month plan. But with the key I received at that time I can't seem to activate my website: www.kocvleeswaren.nl and therefore can't edit the pro sections.

First it says  "User updated! Site Activated!", after it says "Site not activated".

Before: http://cl.ly/image/061T0a303d40/before.png
      After: http://cl.ly/image/2e0K271m3E2M/after.png

I can download DMS2.0 without restrictions and use that, that's cool. I'm very happy for that. But the problem is that I now can't edit my website with the old version of DMS.

What can we do to solve this? Please help.

Thanks!