Sign in to follow this  
achaperon

125x125 image stack in footer (how-to?)

achaperon

In the black footer @ PageLines.com is a stack of five 125x125 images. How would I go about achieving that same result? Here's what I've tried already: I put text widget into the "Footer Sidebars" widget - but, because it's a 5-column widget - the images don't center in the page. Has this been hooked in via PlatformBase? Thanks in advance! Andre

cmunns

PageLines.com is not on Platform yet so that is actually custom coded. But yes you could hook that in or just use css to modify the footer column width. Which route you think you want to go?

achaperon

Hey Adam, I guess it would be really useful to know and understand how to achieve this using both methods ... seen as tho it could be beneficial when doing other stuff too. So yes, I'd really appreciate your workflow on how-to do it both ways. Andre

bryan-hadaway

I think the easiest way to achieve this would be to load text widget in the bottom area and simply put in image link code: `Puppies` Thanks, Bryan

achaperon

Bryan, that doesn't work. It was the first thing I tried. As a said in the first post - the reason this doesn't work is because the "Footer Sidebars (5-Column)" widget is, of course, divided into columns. There's no way (that I know of) to center an image across the entire footer width ... let alone 3 or 4 or 5 images. Does that make sense? Andre

cmunns

Just use the "fullwidth sidebar" widget then. You can drag it to the active area in the footer template area.

achaperon

Adam, wow ... so simple. {BLUSH} Thanks! Andre

bryan-hadaway

And center anything the easiest method is to drop it inside: `

` Thanks, Bryan