Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RussCompton

What is Pagelines best program?

RussCompton    0
RussCompton

Im currently using pagelines DMS and I actually haven't really got too mess with it that much yet due to downloading it on a WAMP server. I was told that I should download it on XAMPP but someone else said to use LAMP. What would be the difference in each of them? Also I have seen youtube videos with people using different frameworks and versions of pagelines and it almost looks better and easier than DMS. Like I said I haven't really had much time to mess with DMS due to the fact I was on a WAMP server and I guess the layout is weird compared to a Linux based server. So now im in the process of downloading Ubuntu and then I am trying to figure if I should set up a LAMP or a XAMPP and I would also just really like to know if DMS really is the best framework that pagelines has.

greenfly    230
greenfly

Maybe someone can comment on the type of local server software they have used. I use Mac so MAMP is what i have used in the past. We cannot tell you which local server software to use in your development. 

A google search returns the following http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/what-is-best-between-xampp-lamp-wamp-or-mamp/

DMS is the most up to date, powerful and future relevant product PageLines has to offer. 

Please refrain from contacting support by email and the Forum at the same time. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"