Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sheilahoff

DMS causing FireFox to crash a lot?

sheilahoff

Is anyone else seeing this? Of course I'm using Chrome for editing DMS. However my preferred browser if FF so I have it opened and do any Dashboard work in FF and also refreshing and viewing changes in FF. I've been crashing a dozen or more times a day. I'm not sure why but it's only been since DMS. I haven't added anything else to the mix.

Sheila Hoffman | Hoffman Graphics | Seattle

Danny

Hi Sheila,

I have FF (unfortunately) open all day and mess around with my DMS test sites, as well users sites when they have issues. FF doesn't crash once, if FF crashes it's likely due to extensions.

Out of curiosity may I ask why you prefer FF to Chrome ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

sheilahoff

Thanks Danny. I'll try turning some off. But actually they are WHY I prefer FF. I've used it for a very long time and have it setup exactly as I like it. I'm used to how the Inspect Elements works and get confused in Chrome's. And I am baffled by not having a sidebar in Chrome. I have a notepad in my sidebar in FF as well as other tools I use a lot. It's mostly just what one is used to I'm sure. I also have FF setup to always open a new tab when I enter a url but in Chrome there seems to be no way to do that except to learn to hold down the shift key every time. I could go on but you get the idea.

Sheila Hoffman | Hoffman Graphics | Seattle

Danny

To be honest, FF loves RAM and your CPU, for that reason alone I prefer Chrome. Also, Chrome is faster and pretty much all extensions that are available for FF are available for Chrome, some of them are actually better on Chrome.

However, you're free to use whatever browser you're comfortable with. In regards to FF crashing, this imo has no relation to DMS and is either related to a bug in FF or most likely an extension.

Please search our forums, before posting!