Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wpclincoln

tJS error

wpclincoln
I am prepping a new site using DMS. Everything was working smoothly, and then the DMS interface stopped loading. The page acts like it loads in the background, but the DMS interface just sits at the spinner.

Not sure if this is the cause or not, but at the time it happened I was adding slides to RevSlider on my home page template and pasted some HTML in the wrong spot in the RevSlider section editor and saved before realizing it. After that the DMS editor was pooched.

Chrome developer tools shows:

ERROR: Uncaught TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method 'revolution' (index):50

I don't know jQuery, nor do I know where to find the index file it is speaking of. If someone could help me out with either, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Chris

---------
Server/Host: wsl01004 at http://netstatus.westhost.com/
Framework Version: DMS Version 1.4.1
WordPress Version: Version 3.7.1
Plugins in Use:
  • Custom sidebars
  • DMS Professional Tools
  • Footer Extras DMS
  • Post Types Order
  • Sermon Browser
  • UberMenu 2 - WordPress Mega Menu Plugin
  • Select UberMenu Adapter
  • Select WordPress Importer

James B

Hi there, it could be the code but it sounds more like there's a jquery conflict with the slider against a plugin. Have you tried disabling the plugins to see if the editor resolves and goes through to the page again?

What was the html you pasted in? Definetly html and not a script of sometype?

The site is loading ok on the front end, is it literally just when you're logged into the editor it stalls?

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

wpclincoln

You are correct - the front end viewing of the page is unaffected.

The WP dashboard is also unaffected.

In fact, I can even open other pages of the site and load the DMS editor.

The page in question (http://www.westminsterlincoln.org/dev/wordpress/) even seems to load behind the editor, but the DMS editor never loads on this page. The DMS throbber just spins and spins. 

I'll try disabling plugins, but everything was working fine with that set of plugins for some time, then suddenly was not.

The code I pasted in the wrong place was HTML - just a simple unordered list. I'm not certain that it had anything to do with the DMS editor crash, but the timing is suspect. 

wpclincoln

I seem to have it working again. The fix was ultimately very simple - I went into the WordPress dashboard and changed the template for that page to "Default". When I went back to the page, the DMS editor loaded just fine, but had forgotten the page settings. No big deal, I just set up the page items again (RevSlider and 3 Widget areas).

Danny

Hi,

Glad to hear your issue has been resolved. From the sounds of it, it may have been caused by something you added to that like some JavaScript to a widget or something. All custom JS should go into the DMS Toolbar > Custom >  Custom Scripts area.

Please search our forums, before posting!

wpclincoln

Yes, it seems to be resolved, thank you.

To be perfectly clear - simply as background info for you going forward, I added nothing but that unordered list (HTML within the revslider section editor), and my widgets were not effecting any other pages on the site, only that one page. Changing the template, then changing it back solved my issue. 

Thanks for following up - have a good day!

greenfly

Thanks for letting us know :)

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"