Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cr01

DMS - Way to delete/revert unpublished changes?

cr01

I was playing around and trying some different things on one of my pages in DMS. I didn't want to save/publish anything, so I figured I could just close the browser window and lose my changes. But I figured wrong. I really do not want to have to re-create everything I was playing with, but I never could have imaged there not being a way to revert to the most recently published version. The live site is of course fine, but I every time I go to edit that particular page it shows up screwy.

Hopefully I'm just missing something obvious.

Thanks in advance.

Danny

HI,

There is a reset unpublished changes button, which you can see here - http://d.pr/i/3yI6

That icon will display different colors depending on the situation, if you visit your page you may still be able to un-publish your changes.

Also, if you have you layout set and like it, I would recommend you make a template for that layout/design, another thing is to not play with a page/template that you have setup and like, you should always play around on a template that hasn't been setup yet, this will prevent any issues.

Would it be possible to provide a screenshot of the issue you're referring to when you say "but I every time I go to edit that particular page it shows up screwy"

Please search our forums, before posting!

cr01

Excellent. Thank you much. I have no idea what search term is necessary to find that in the documentation but various combinations of delete/revert/unpublished didn't find anything relevent.

Danny

Actually, you're correct, there isn't I have made a note and will improve this area in our documentation. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Please search our forums, before posting!

cr01

Great. Love the support and I have high hopes as DMS continues to improve and mature.