Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

markland

Widgetizer / Custom Sidebars keeps disappearing

markland

Hey -- thought I'd become crazy clever and found a way to make AdRotate  work on Pagelines DMS without editing code:

1. Install the Custom Sidebars plugin, and add the AdRotate widget to it.

2. Use Widgetizer to add the Custom Sidebar to my site's header.

Alas -- sometimes this works. It looks fine. The ad shows up (I have a selection of ads that should randomly appear, and it will occasionally show each of them on initial load).

Then, after refreshing the page, the widget totally disappears, leaving me with an empty header section.

What gives?

Is this the same problem that was happening here?

Is there a fix?

greenfly

Hello Markland. 

Please could you try disabling all non-PageLines and see if the issue persists? 

Also - do you have a link to your site? 

Please provide a link and activate debug - you can activate the Debug by going to Visual Editor > Settings > Advanced > enable debug. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

markland

Disabled all plugins, and now the widget is sticking... thanks! Though as I add them in, I'm not sure which one was the problem (I think 404 redirect plug in, which now is keeping DMS from working at all...).

Danny

In order to find the culprit plugin, you will need to enable one plugin then go to your site and see if the issue returns, if it doesn't enable another plugin and repeat the process until your issue returns, then you know which plugin has caused the issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!