Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mikeo9043

Making theme fixed width

mikeo9043    0
mikeo9043

Hello,

Is it possible to take the default DMS theme and make it fixed with borders on the top, right, left and bottom? I'm not the best with CSS and I've tried a few different things trying to add borders but it just adds a border to each individual section on the page instead of just straight across the top or straight down the left or right side.

Thanks!

James B    436
James B

Hi there,

As you're using the boxed layout you can drap the sides in through the editor to make the borders on the left-right, this sets the page width.

To add a border to just the top-bottom you can add a margin to the main container using css, like below

body.display-boxed .boxed-wrap {
    margin: 50px auto;
    max-width: 1100px;
    position: relative;
}

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

mikeo9043    0
mikeo9043

Hi there,

As you're using the boxed layout you can drap the sides in through the editor to make the borders on the left-right, this sets the page width.

To add a border to just the top-bottom you can add a margin to the main container using css, like below

body.display-boxed .boxed-wrap {
    margin: 50px auto;
    max-width: 1100px;
    position: relative;
}

I added that css to the site but it wouldn't work with .boxed-warp { at the end so I removed it and it worked but now my DMS panel is all messed up (See attached image).

pIGzGBZ.jpg

James B    436
James B

Hi there, glad you got that to work. I'm looking at the screenshot but I can't see the error in the control panel. Which part are you referring to which is messed up?

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

mikeo9043    0
mikeo9043

Hi there, glad you got that to work. I'm looking at the screenshot but I can't see the error in the control panel. Which part are you referring to which is messed up?

The DMS panel goes from the left of the blue wire frame to completely out of screen and I cannot publish changes like that.(see right side of image is cut off)

Danny    1,327
Danny

Remove all that code, as if you use that it will also add a border to the Fixed Navbar as well. Use the following instead.

.pl-region-wrap {
border: 10px solid #F00;
}

Example - http://d.pr/i/qFHL

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• Jared Smith
      By Jared Smith+
      I'm trying to make a visible border around the entirety of a client's site.  Example on some other site here:
      http://www.makeyourvisionreal.com/movement

So it is around the Title, Menu, and Content Area.  I'm having a bit of difficulty with this on pagelines, using the Framework theme. It's slightly more complex because the site has a "landing page" that doesn't need the border. Much like this homepage
      http://www.makeyourvisionreal.com/

Right now I'm using a content width of 80%, and fullscreen.  But maybe thats not the best way to do it.  

So, with the #site id, I can hit the whole area on most of the site, but I'm not sure how I can remove it for just one page.
      #site { border:1px solid #ccc; margin: 100px 5% 5% 50px; } anyone have any suggestions?  Maybe I need to go make a child template, not sure?  Thanks!
    • abuzzelli
      By abuzzelli+
      Is there a shortcode or a way to automatically pull the site name into the footer or elsewhere?
    • MobileParity
      By MobileParity+
      Does anyone know what features have been included in the Foundation theme? Such as building blocks or the Motion UI?
    • DanatTLFN
      By DanatTLFN
      Site URL: http://thelocalfilmnetwork.com
      Host: GoDaddy
      Hi Pagelines team and community,

I am going to be attempting to do a full migration from GoDaddy to WPEngine. 
      I need to know, will I lose the front-end customisations I have made?
      Also are there any backups or things I need to do to ensure that I do not lose any important info relating to the site?
      Kind regards,
      Dan

• Bleuy
      By Bleuy+
      Hi All
      I have just migrated my theme from a perfectly functioning local version to my server and it looks corrupted.  I have followed the standard migration (Replace WP Content, Upload Database, Search & Replace URLs)
      Things I have tried to rectify the problem:-
      Changed Permalinks, deleted .htaccess file Deactivated Plugins Removed all custom CSS But It all still seems to have the same problem the url for the website is as follows: www.blueanchor-reigate.co.uk