Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fmwebdesign

A website like this in DMS?

Danny

Hi Andreas,

You could do this with a the suggestions you made a above. However, it will require extensive custom CSS. Something of which we do not provide support for.

What I would suggest is that you use your browsers web dev tools and inspect how they have achieved that design/layout and try to incorporate their styles into your own. If you're uncomfortable with this, you could contact one of the developers on our resource page - http://docs.pagelines.com/resources

Please search our forums, before posting!

fmwebdesign

Hy Danny,

Thanks - i wan´t do this with DMS ;-)

So i have a look to your suggestions.

Best regards

Danny

No problem.

Also, you can pretty much make any design in DMS, the only restriction is your imagination.

fmwebdesign

One question, in older versions of DMS there was it possible to activate "Framework", now i see that i can´t activate this tool?

I think wis this tool i should be easier?

Thanks

James B

Hi there, do you mean the compatibility mode for the Framework? Where it overlayed the existing framework site inside DMS? Unfortunately this was removed within the last update, all V2 code was removed as it was causing issues on some users installs.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

fmwebdesign

Hi there, do you mean the compatibility mode for the Framework? Where it overlayed the existing framework site inside DMS? Unfortunately this was removed within the last update, all V2 code was removed as it was causing issues on some users installs.

yes i mean this.... Thanks

Can someone tell me what i have to do, to change the basic structure? Functions.php?

Danny

What do you mean by changing basic structure, can you go into greater detail please.

fmwebdesign

What do you mean by changing basic structure, can you go into greater detail please.

If i want to change:

Leftside a slider or a content section

Rightside like in the demo with my menue

In what file do i have to make the changes, or is there a docu?

THANKS!!!

Danny

You do all this on the site, if you want a two column layout, you can drag and drop the 2 column layout section to your template and then start adding your sections, content.

However, like I mentioned above, in order to build a site like the one you linked in your first post, it will require some custom code.

fmwebdesign

If i want to do this like the link in my first post i can do this only in the DMS Toolbar: LESS/CSS - User Css?

Danny

What you do is you get the basic layout like I mentioned in my previous post, you add your navigation to the header area like the site you linked has. Then you add all your other content to the template area.

Then you're going to need to use custom CSS or LESS if you're comfortable with LESS and then set out your layout. Please be aware we do not provide extensive custom CSS support and the layout in which you wish to create will require extensive custom CSS.

I think the best thing to do, is use Google Chromes dev tools, inspect the site you linked in your first post and see how they have used their CSS, then apply this to your layout in DMS.

If you're still having difficulty, I would recommend you contact one of the developers/designers on our resources page who will be able to assist you.

http://docs.pagelines.com/resources

fmwebdesign

What you do is you get the basic layout like I mentioned in my previous post, you add your navigation to the header area like the site you linked has. Then you add all your other content to the template area.

Then you're going to need to use custom CSS or LESS if you're comfortable with LESS and then set out your layout. Please be aware we do not provide extensive custom CSS support and the layout in which you wish to create will require extensive custom CSS.

I think the best thing to do, is use Google Chromes dev tools, inspect the site you linked in your first post and see how they have used their CSS, then apply this to your layout in DMS.

If you're still having difficulty, I would recommend you contact one of the developers/designers on our resources page who will be able to assist you.

http://docs.pagelines.com/resources

Hey, THANKS for all background information! I want to try it ;-)....

Danny

No problem.

fmwebdesign

So i think im on the right way but some things are scary.

If i change the navigation font or the masthead text on "page 6" in the edit modus everything is ok but in the published mode there is no effect.

Also if i refresh in the edit mode the site there is no effect.... than if i change something in the user LESS/CSS the effect is back.

Also one thing is the distance between header and main.... in the edit mode there is no distance.

Please have a look:

http://andi.fm-werbung.at/landing-page/

I do not want to copy the weebly site... its a tutorial for me ;-)

THANKS

Danny

I apologise, but I am not entirely sure what you mean, would it be possible to provide some screenshots so we know what you're referring to.

grahamd79

Just an idea @fmwebdesign but you could pretty much get this sort of thing straight away by playing with the media queries and set the mobile menu to always be open unless at mobile device resolution. Then it would just be a point of resizing the open mobile menu and changing its css styles to fit your design.

Danny

fmwebdesign - Can you provide a link to the site in question please.

Danny

The gap for that blue header, is caused by your custom CSS:

#page-main {
position: relative;
left: 0;
bottom: 0;
width: 74%;
top: 0;
background: #FFF;
}

fmwebdesign

The gap for that blue header, is caused by your custom CSS:

#page-main {
position: relative;
left: 0;
bottom: 0;
width: 74%;
top: 0;
background: #FFF;
}

YEEESSSS - this cleared all the problems ,-) - now everything works fine!!!!

Danny

Cool :D

Happy to hear your issue has been resolved.

fmwebdesign

Ah you did it already!

Thanks - yes! But on my mobile it isnt ready ;-) so i have to look for this....

Best regards

Andreas