Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Olly

Making a section appear in the header across a sub-set of pages

Olly

Is there a way to have a header section item that appears on a group of pages but not on ALL pages?

I have a sub-header (a menu list) that I want to appear on 30 or so pages of my site. It is a menu for navigating around just those pages. I do not want it to appear on the rest of the site, but on the other hand I do not want to have to manually add the content for it for each of those 30 pages since it is the same for each page. If I simply create it as a local item on each page, then, if I have to make any changes later, I would have to change it thirty times - not ideal obviously.

Is this possible? I seem to remember in the previous version of the framework it was, but in DMS I can't find out how to do it. I should explain that the layout of each of the pages will be the same - it will just have different content. I suppose what I really want is for the section to not only have 'Global' and 'Local' options but also 'Template' options for changing the content across a series of pages. Does this make sense?

Olly

Thanks Danny. Am I right in saying that the previous version of Pagelines did provide this? Any plans to add this soon? Maybe by making it possible for Templates to include section content?

Danny

PageLines Framework provided this functionality and this has been mentioned several times on our tracker, so the devs are aware of this lack of functionality. Unfortunately, there is no ETA.

Please search our forums, before posting!