This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Section Overflowing Column Confines

4 posts in this topic

Website URL: dannysvenice [.] com/events/fly-n-lion/
Framework Version: Current Version
WordPress Version: Current Version

I am having this issue where a section (containing a border) within a column (containing a background image) is overflowing past the end of the right column side by 5-10px creating the issue seen in the screenshot.

I found that when I delete the width declaration from the CSS element:

.row .span12, .row-fluid .span12, .editor-row .span12

The problem is fixed in that the right border for the section is contained within the confines of the column. Editing the above CSS element, however doesn't feel like the logical or correct fix to this issue I am experiencing.

Is there another solution to this issue I am experiencing?

Is anybody there today?

You can close this topic. I figured out the solution. Thank you.

Thanks for informing us the issue has been resolved, we appreciate it.

Also, I couldn't see your image, as it was no longer available. However, when adding borders you need to be careful as they can knock your layout out of sync. I would suggest using box-shadow over borders as these will not screw up your layout.

You could also use the outline property such as outline: 2px solid black;

• Similar Content

• DMS Pro Tools Hide Section
      By Danielle Barcena+
      Hi there,
      I can't seem to find the hide section on mobile button etc. on my sections in DMS. I am a pro/club member and I have the DMS Pro Tools installed, but after searching long and hard in DMS and on the forum, I do not know where this is. Could someone provide a screenshot for me? maybe I dont have something installed properly. Thanks.
    • Heroes Section
      By hibbsy78+
      I just spotted the standalone Heroes section as opposed to the Elements>Hero section and I much prefer this layout with the larger text directly under the heading but again on mobile (iPhone) it screws the layout similar to the contact form 7 page (

• Sections will not update
      By fancoder+
      I have been trying unsuccessfully to change the content on a section I created several months ago by adding different content. When I publish and refresh the page nothing changes. Any ideas on how to rectify this would be appreaciated. the Site in question is thanks
    • Getting columns to align at the bottom
      By JawDesigns+
      Hi to all,
      I always have this problem and I'm unhappy with the fix I usually apply for aligning columns at the bottom (see attached).
      For example: I use two text boxes side by side. Both text columns have a background colour. Text column 1 has 200 words and text column 2 has 300 words.
      How do I easily get them to align at the bottom without using a min-height declaration? I want to get text column 1 with 200 words to fit the height of text column 2 if that makes sense?
      Thanks for any help on this!

• Column and Quickslider
      By pehja+
      I am getting pretty tired of things that does not work as it should in DMS. Now it is impossible to have a two column footer with quickslider as one of the items. Take a look here
      I have tried three column, two column, no column. nothing works.