Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elpasographics

Cannot add to DMS Header

elpasographics

What happened to the technical chat? I don't really much care for domains I am working on to be publicly available.

I am trying to complete the step in the DMS documentation, Creating a Branding Area (http://docs.pagelines.com/tutorials/creating-a-branding-area). I cannot add anything to the header area like it says to do in the first part of the instructions. I just updated the DMS so whatever the latest version is, plus Wordpress 3.71. I only have default DMS plugins, plus Poppy, Salebar, Breadcrumb Nav. Updated Chrome, etc.

Do I need specific browser settings in Chrome? Most other items do not give me any problem in other parts of the page.

Also, how to insert Poppy? I don't see any way to do that. I see the configuration in settings, but no way to make it insert or appear on pages. I don't see how to insert Salebar, either.

Also, the 404 Error plugin is grayed out and won't insert. How do I create custom 404 page so that the plugin becomes available?

Thanks.

greenfly

Hello elpasographics 

Live chat is no longer a feature of Premium support services. This was a feature with the PageLInes Plus subscription service that is no longer avaialle. 

If you can create an admin logon for your site and send the crednetials to hello @ pagelines.com we can jump on and take a look at tyour site settings for you. 

So long as you have the latest version of Google Chrome you should be ok. Try disabling browser extensions might help if you have any.

You can insert poppy using the shortcode - information regarding this is here http://www.pagelines.com/shop/plugins/pagelines-poppy/ (i have pasted this below) 

[poppy] Creates a standard button with the word “Contact”
[poppy]Email me![/poppy] Same as above with custom text.

[poppy type="a"]Contact me.[/poppy] This uses a standard HTML link.

[poppy type="button" class="btn-important"]Email.[/poppy] Here we are using the bootstrap button, and adding a class.

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

elpasographics

I guess it was always adding to the header, I mistakenly thought the header was the default NavBar area.

Now, I have another problem. What size image is optimal for the RevSlider? It seems that whatever size image I use it resizes.

Thanks.

Danny

The RevSlider has inline info on the optimal size of the image see here - http://d.pr/i/Wbxy

The RevSlider has a min-height determined which is 480px (I think).

Please search our forums, before posting!

elpasographics

The 2000 x 800 still ends up stretching the picture, http://www.consignmenttexas.com/sample-page/. It seems to try sizing the picture to match screen resolution, but ends up making the image too big, going outside the boundaries. Instead of a nice, neat centered image it makes them all too large.

Danny

The RevSlider is a responsive slider. Therefore, the image will resize depending on the screen resolution like you said. If you do not like this functionality. Then you will need to use another slider, as this is part of the RevSlider sections functionality.

elpasographics

Whether I like it or not isn't an issue. It is the parameters under which it can be used. Are you saying that, no matter what, any image I use will be resized larger than the viewing area?

Danny

The section is a responsive slider, so if you add an image that is 1000x300 and you're using a monitor or TV that has a resolution higher than that, the image will be resized to match the screens resolution.

For a better example of what I am referring to, simply reduce your browsers window and the sliders image will resize to accommodate the size of the browser.