Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

seltzerTools

Quick Slider Not Loading

seltzerTools    0
seltzerTools

I have 2 sites running on the Free Pagelines version... both with a similar setup.

On the one site - http://www.marinemarketingtools.com - the Quick slider is now not working (images do not load).

The other site - http://www.sbmarketingtools.com - the slider is working fine.

Both sites appear to be running on version 1.4.5. On sbmarketingtools I have a notice to update to 2.4.4 - but that is the site where the slider is working right.

I do not see a notice to update to version 2.4.4 on the marinemarketingtools site yet. (it says I have 1.4.5)

not sure what to do to get the slider working again on marinemarketingtools

greenfly    230
greenfly

Hello Seltzer 

Please do update to the 2.4.4 as soon as you can - there is a full version of the PageLines Framework that is now free and available here. https://github.com/pagelines/PageLines-Framework-v2.x-free

To resolve the Quickslider issue first try disabling all non-pageliens plugins and see if this fixes the issue. If it does then re-activate the plugins one by one to see which one breaks it (if any) and may be causing a conflict . 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

seltzerTools    0
seltzerTools

Thanks Martin.

Looks like this plugin - Q2W3 Fixed Widget - was making locking the slider from loading the pictures so I deleted it and now working fine. Too bad though, did like the idea of keeping some widgets in view when scrolling down large articles.

will do theme updates now too.

seltzerTools    0
seltzerTools

Can Pagelines push out an update to the Theme? I would rather do it that way if possible...

greenfly    230
greenfly

You can download the theme updates and install them from the Wordpress > Themes menu is the easiest way to achieve an update 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

• Similar Content

• TourKick (Clifford P)
      By TourKick (Clifford P)
      What's the latest version of DMS2, and is it the last version to ever be expected?
      I ask because v2.2.4 is available but the fix for Google Maps to always load HTTPS instead of HTTP isn't in v2.2.4 -- https://github.com/PageLines-Team/dms/blob/2.2.4/dms/includes/library.pagelines.php#L202 -- but I thought I submitted this pull request in the past (although I can't find it now)
      Also, 
      states v2.2.3 is the latest and not v2.2.4
      Finally, what does this mean:
      ?

Thank you.
    • Perry
      By Perry+
      Hello there,
      We are still using DMS 2 and were wondering if it was at all compatible with slider revolution. (https://codecanyon.net/item/slider-revolution-responsive-wordpress-plugin/2751380). Our issue is that the default revslider for DMS clips the top and sides of videos when made responsive. As the video is made smaller or larger the bottom of it tends to be cut off, or the sides are. We noticed slider revolution was 100% responsive, but have had numerous issues even getting it to display in DMS 2. We have tried using the shortcode, and various php scripts to no avail. Our last attempt was to try and load it with header scripts, but at this point we seem to be further away than ever. 
      This leads me to a few questions:
      1. Is Slider Revolution even compatible with DMS2?
      2. Is there a way we can get 100% responsive video in DMS 2 with zero clipping? (tonyrobbins.com is another good example of the effect we are trying to achieve.)
      3. If Slider Revolution is compatible, how do we go about adding it in?

Thank you for any help.

• abuzzelli
      By abuzzelli+
      Is there any way Pagelines themes and plugins can be modified so I can updated them with ithemes sync? I have quite a few sites and I use ithemes sync extensively. This would be much appreciated!
    • Rob Thomas
      By Rob Thomas+
      I seem to be having some problems with a multisite I have hosted on DO. I was unable to upgrade any of the plugins or add any new sections, etc. This has been going on for several months now. I get an error "The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature"
      There is only one site that is using Platform 5 on this Multisite, but, of course, you have to have the primary hosting site activated, as well, in order to perform the updates. I tried refreshing my account and that did not work. When that did not work, I tried deactivating (removing) my account on the primary site on the Multisite (and then was planning to reactivate it to see if that would fix the problem). When I attempt to reactivate the site with my account, the following error is returned: 
      {"success":false,"data":"Too many redirects"} so, yay, I seem to have just made things worse. 
      is it possible Wordfence is causing the first error? I have since deactivated it, but since I can no longer link my account in PL, I cannot test that out. 
      I have two other sites on other servers and I am not having this issue. It is only on my DO server. 
    • vanessabt
      By vanessabt+
      Hi Developers, I wasn’t sure what the best way to get feedback was but didn’t really want to put this in the facebook group, I did put this in the slack developers group but trying to figure out the fastest way to get feedback.  I am starting a new site for a client and was looking through the showcase to see if there were any samples for slider modifications like I am trying to do for our build and couldn’t find them.  Basically I want to have a blue section at the bottom of each slide that has text in it.  The text will change with each slide along with the image.  Was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on how this modification could be made?  Here is a sample of the slider from the design.