Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pehja

DMS and WPML

pehja

Hi!

I have issues with the plug WPML. It works fine except for one thing. When I want to upload an image as a background image, in a templet from a page with a second language, the picture will not load. 

That is, I can se the picture when uploading. But when refreshing I only get a placeholder. Is this something anyone have noticed. I have WP 3.7.1 and DMS 1.1.2

The site is local on my machine but the url is http://grand:8888/hitta-oss/

and from the second language it has http://grand:8888/en/hitta-oss/

So does the "en" part confuse DMS..?

Thanks Peter

Professionell musician | Webbdesigner | Apple freak

Pehja Production.png

Danny

Hi Peter, 

Can you record the issue via JIng please, as the links you have provided are locally hosted sites.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Danny

When you click Preview for Refresh, you need to click on another field for it to take effect, as far as I know. Try that and see if that resolves your issue.

pehja

Didn't I do that in the video? Anyways, No that doesn't help. I know there are some issues. And as you can se in the video.

The picture does not show in admin area on the original page either. But it shows on the page?!

This is something that we really need to salve. I have two multi language sites in the pipeline. And it need to stick.

Or do you know a better/different way för multilingual sites.

Thanks Peter

Pehja Production.png

pehja

Sorry I have been away for a few days. Do we have any updates about this? This is still an issue!

Pehja Production.png

Danny

Hi Peter,

I don't personally have any experience with that plugin nor do I have access to it. The most likely cause is that the issue is related to the plugin itself and not DMS, as you already have a background image applied to that section.

I would contact the WPML support and see what they suggest, then inform us here. If it is indeed an issue with DMS and WPML, then I can re-open your ticket on the GH tracker.

carletto0282

Hi guys I have the same issue pehja pointed out.

What I found is the problem could be originated by the function linked to the shortcode [pl_site_url]

Instead of returning home_url() it could be better returning site_url() since home_url() will return the localized home page.

Is there a way to overwrite the shortcode from the functions.php file of the child theme?

Hope this could help solving the issue!

Best regards

Carlo

pehja
carletto0282 I have found out that when uploading a picture, in the URL to the picture, you got something like PL_ (not near any computer now so I don't have the exact string) But if you remove that first Page Line string and only use the actual string to the picture. It will stick.

Best of luck!

Hehe, ok I see now that that is exactly what you have pointed out :-)

Pehja Production.png