Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kulmetehan

Any tips on SEO?

kulmetehan    13
kulmetehan

Hi guys,

So I did a pagerank check trough www.prchecker.info and fond out my website ranked like 1/10 which is very bad as you guys probably all know.

So what I was wondering is, how do DMS and SEO go together? How do Google bots react on DMS websites?

Do you guys maybe have some quick tips/tweaks on how I can improve my SEO?

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

Well Firstly, you should install the plugin Wordpress SEO by Yoast, it has a built-in ranking checks and tips on how to improve your SEO. So I recommend you install that and read through his guide here - http://yoast.com/articles/wordpress-seo/

Please search our forums, before posting!

kulmetehan    13
kulmetehan

Hi Danny,

Thanks for the tip. I already have that one. But it ranks per article or per page etc. As I'm using DMS I also have content in text boxes and media boxes. The Yoas plug-in doesn't read these, for as far as I know. Is the content in these sections also taken in bij Google Bots?

kulmetehan    13
kulmetehan

Thanks!

Danny    1,327
Danny

No problem.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• Michael Kummer
      By Michael Kummer+
      Hi guys,
      It seems like the H1 tag in the Pagelines 5 framework is missing the entry-title tag. Google Search Console complains about that and it seems like it needs to be fixed in the theme. Based on another thread, this looks like a known issue but I haven't seen any updates from the framework team.
      Any indication of what the status on this issue is?
      The site in question that I have that issue with is michaelkummer.com.
      Thanks
      Michael
    • Objectif-Mariage
      By Objectif-Mariage+
      Hello. I just past my PL5 website to BING analyser, and I was very surprise when it told me I had five <H1> ! ? What ? how it's possible ?? 
      So I have checked the code, and obviously, some PL plugin (like Elements), create some <h1> balises for their Header.... Great ! 
      So I have try to simply not use this Element's Header, leting them blanck. But <H1> balise is still there ! Empty but sill there ! ( <h1 class="elements-header" data-bind="plshortcode: header"></h1>).
      I have took Element as exemple, but it's the same for other PL plugins. Even if you let a part blank, PL plugin will create an empty balise ! :-(
      I'm not developper, and don't know PHP. But I guess it's possible to create a fonction, witch would say . 
      "if one balise is empty => then don't write it."
      What guy's do you think about that ?

There is a link to my website : http://www.wedding-photography-minneapolis.com/
    • John Olsson
      By John Olsson+
      Hello, i'm working on a webshop, and got this code to really boost the search within WP. But when adding this code to functions.php the front end media library search flipped totally, and not working at all, any ideas what's the problem?
      function atom_search_where($where){ global $wpdb; if (is_search()) $where .= "OR (t.name LIKE '%".get_search_query()."%' AND {$wpdb->posts}.post_status = 'publish')"; return $where; } function atom_search_join($join){ global $wpdb; if (is_search()) $join .= "LEFT JOIN {$wpdb->term_relationships} tr ON {$wpdb->posts}.ID = tr.object_id INNER JOIN {$wpdb->term_taxonomy} tt ON tt.term_taxonomy_id=tr.term_taxonomy_id INNER JOIN {$wpdb->terms} t ON t.term_id = tt.term_id"; return $join; } function atom_search_groupby($groupby){ global $wpdb; // we need to group on post ID $groupby_id = "{$wpdb->posts}.ID"; if(!is_search() || strpos($groupby, $groupby_id) !== false) return $groupby; // groupby was empty, use ours if(!strlen(trim($groupby))) return $groupby_id; // wasn't empty, append ours return $groupby.", ".$groupby_id; } add_filter('posts_where','atom_search_where'); add_filter('posts_join', 'atom_search_join'); add_filter('posts_groupby', 'atom_search_groupby');  
    • Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      HI,
      Search function doesn't seem to work. 
      When ever searching for something it redirect to the home page and add the search string to the url.
      For example searching for "cases" it would display https://queue-it.com/?s=cases
      Do you know how to solve that?