Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FionaFell

Hunting for a CSS Tweak that will let me change the height of the HERO section?

FionaFell    0
FionaFell

Hi, I'm creating a website for a client here: http://theartspot.com.au/classes-events/

And the hero section that we've place her section headlines in are a bit too big. OK kind huge. 

Can anyone point me to the CSS id/class or code that I can tweak to make the height of the whole green area, shorter?

We're looking for around 150px with content centred vertically. 

Any help would be awesome. 

- Fiona

josh1178    10
josh1178
Identify the section area by clicking the pencil and looking for the section number next to the word 'section area'. Then just add the following:#pl_areaYOURSECTIONNUMBER .pl-content {max-height: 150px;}

if the number is c9a83e, you'd type the following into the css customizations area:#pl_areac9a83e .pl-content {max-height:150px;}

Danny    1,327
Danny

FionaFell"] - Did @[member="josh1178 suggestions work for you?

Please search our forums, before posting!

FionaFell    0
FionaFell

Would it be this number I'm looking for?

http://screencast.com/t/7bf9DjvVBT

(I clicked on the pencil of the Hero section)

I have this in my CSS

#pl_areacegqwzj .pl-content {max-height:150px;}

But am not seeing any change to the live site yet. Am I using the right reference ID #?

josh1178    10
josh1178

Try using #pl_areacegqwzj .pl-content {display:none;} temporarily just to be sure that you have the right area. If you do, it should disappear. If it doesn't you've got the wrong area. 

Or, perhaps try:

#pl_areacegqwzj {max-height:150px;}

FionaFell    0
FionaFell

No luck, I guess I've got the wrong reference in place. 

josh1178    10
josh1178

I think I got it, have you tried #heroegqwzj {max-height:150px;}?

FionaFell    0
FionaFell

OK the height is great now.  Thanks for your help tracking this piece of CSS code down.

My next concern, as a result, is how to position the content vertically?

Any help would be awesome. 

James B    436
James B

The easiest thing to do if you're just having text in the hero would be to change the % width of the text area in the hero section options. That would keep both instances of the hero with the text in the same position.

Otherwise you'll need to edit the margins/padding for each hero unit separately to get the text dead center.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

• Similar Content

• Michael Kummer
      By Michael Kummer+
      Hi guys,
      every since Chrome introduce scroll anchoring (see chrome://flags) blog posts on my page start scroll automatically as soon as the user scrolls down a bit. It is super annoying and I don't know exactly what triggers the incompatibility with Chrome's latest feature that is supposed to improve usability.
      Since I don't know what causes it (Pagelines, or a Plugin), I would like to disable the feature using a CSS override that Google describes as follow:
      "Scroll anchoring aims to be the default mode of behavior when launched, so that users benefit from it even on legacy content. A CSS property overflow-anchor can disable scroll anchoring in part or all of a webpage (opt out), or exclude portions of the DOM from the anchor node selection algorithm. This property supports the following values when applied to an element E:
      overflow-anchor: auto (the default value) declares that the DOM subtree rooted at E is eligible to participate in the anchor node selection algorithm for any scrolling box created by E or an ancestor of E. overflow-anchor: none declares that the DOM subtree rooted at E is not eligible to participate in the anchor node selection algorithm for any scrolling box created by E or an ancestor of E." Do you guys happen to know how to use that property with the ROOT element so it applies to the whole page?
      Thanks
      Michael 
    • jojoking
      By jojoking+
      I have to admit to being baffled.
      I'm trying to embed a video (from my WP media library) within a WP post using the videobox section shortcode.
      The shortcode section popup only allows two items to be configured - the section type, in this case videobox - and a unique id. There's no URL or other parameters such as autoplay or loop which are available within the Pagelines editor.
      Whatever I put in the unique ID makes no difference to what is shown which seems to be a default video with stars or white noise on a black background.
      I assume I need to define this ID somewhere else, or maybe WP has done it for me?
      HELP!

PS This is the page source generated when a shortcode is added within the WP post editor
      <!-- VideoBox | Section --> <section id="videobox_1675853156" class="pl-sn pl-col-sm-12 pl-col-sm-offset-0 pl-sn-videobox" data-object="PL_VideoBox" data-clone="1675853156" data-level="0"><div class="pl-sn-wrap"><div class="pl-sn-pad fix" data-bind="pledit: true" > <div class="video-highlight"><h3 class="video-title" data-bind="pltext: vb_title"></h3></div> <div class="pl-video-box" data-bind="plcallback: { vb_autoplay: vb_autoplay(), vb_loop: vb_loop(), vb_controls: vb_controls(), vb_video: vb_video()}" data-callback="videobox"> <video id="280414138" autoplay loop > <source src="https://www.handinhandmanchester.org.uk/wp-content/plugins/pl-section-videobox/default.mp4?r=280414138" type="video/mp4" /> No browser html5 video. </video> <script> jQuery('#280414138')[0].load(); </script> </div> </div></div></section> </div>  
      If I add a videobox section using the Pagelines page editor the page source generated includes my video:
      <!-- VideoBox | Section --> <section id="videobox_udvu4uz" class="pl-sn pl-col-sm-12 pl-col-sm-offset-0 pl-sn-videobox" data-object="PL_VideoBox" data-clone="udvu4uz" data-level="0"><div class="pl-sn-wrap"><div class="pl-sn-pad fix" data-bind="pledit: true" > <div class="video-highlight"><h3 class="video-title" data-bind="pltext: vb_title"></h3></div> <div class="pl-video-box" data-bind="plcallback: { vb_autoplay: vb_autoplay(), vb_loop: vb_loop(), vb_controls: vb_controls(), vb_video: vb_video()}" data-callback="videobox"> <video id="429558737" autoplay loop > <source src="https://www.handinhandmanchester.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/HIHWelcome.mp4?r=429558737" type="video/mp4" /> No browser html5 video. </video> <script> jQuery('#429558737')[0].load(); </script> </div> </div></div></section>  
    • StuLeeUK
      By StuLeeUK+
      Good morning,
      I have set up my homepage using the Elements sections, a Masthead at the top and then a selection of Heroes lower down.
      I only just realised that the Heroes set a H1, as does the Masthead.
      Is there an easy way I can change the Heroes to an H2/H3 etc so as to improve the structure of my headers, whilst keeping the Masthead as H1?
      I really don't know much at all about CSS, which is why I use Pagelines because it's just so easy to create good looking pages without too much confusion.

page for reference is https://www.avangocouriers.co.uk
      Thanks,
      Stu
    • wyo22ski
      By wyo22ski+
      Hello,

I'm basically a designer and understand a little on how to change CSS, etc., so please excuse my ignorance...  I recently upgraded to the newest platform from the DMS and my old DMS theme no longer functions.  I'm trying to replace the image slider that my Horizon Photography Theme (Nick Haskins) had created.  The Impulse image slider seemed the closest to what I need, but there are problems.
      It seems the the Impulse section for sliding images defaults to the image width, no the height.  I can change the Impulse stage height and width, but this does nothing to the internal content.  For instance, if I change the height to 200 pixels, the image remains the full width and only shows a cropped section.  I would like the ability to change the Impulse height, and have the image height fit space. 
      I've put this custom CSS in, but again, this only controls the stage height of Impulse:
      .pl-sn-impulse .pl-impulse-cell .cell-wrap, .pl-impulse-container, .owl-stage-outer {
        width: 100%;
      }

Any suggestions welcome.  Thanks