Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

josh1178

Revolution Slider

josh1178

Any way to get it to work as shortcode in a section? It doesn't seem to work this way. The only way I can get it to kind of work is as a widget, but that's kind of a pain as I hope to use the slider for each page of a large website. 

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Is there a best place to put shortcode in sections? I was hoping to use the Fullwidth text box section.

The built in Rev slider is ok, but it's pretty limited. 

Danny

Hi,

You can use the RevSlider plugins shortcode wherever you like, in a TextBox, MediaBox or a Text Widget. However, these will be limited to your content area and will not be full width.

If you would like to have a RevSlider plugin full width, you will need to download and install (like a plugin) the FullBox section which has been created by one of our store devs, the section is free.

http://etc.bz/R6Rn

The FullBox section is just a refactored TextBox section, but is full width, you can add the plugins shortcode to the FullBox text field and the slider will be full width.

Please search our forums, before posting!

josh1178

Right, thanks but I've done all that and when I run the shortcode there is nothing there. Same is true when using Royal Slider.

If I make a widgetized area though and insert the shortcode into a widget, they run normally.

Can anyone else confirm that this is working in the lastest pageline updates?

greenfly

HellO Josh. 

Noticed you had another post where standard features ar enot working. 

Could you try disabling all non-pagelines plugins and see if this resolves this issue. Need to rule out a conflict. 

Please let us know how you get on. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

josh1178

I disabled all plugins and all child theme sections, but I have the same problem. It doesn't show up in text box section (though I don't see the shortcode there), but it does show up as widget.

Thanks

Danny

Can you record your issue using a free app called Jing please, so we can see for ourselves the issue.

jmad

Is this issue about DMS? Curious because I don't see the FullBox section available in the store.  Should it be?  

josh1178

Fullbox is an extra section you can find on the forums only it seems, though it's very handy for making full width content. 

http://etc.bz/R6Rn

@danny 

I made a video though it's pretty boring to watch so I just took screenshots and pasted them below. smile.png

I disabled all plugins and sections except for DMS and DMS pro tools and the Revolution Slider plugin from Code canyon.  Same thing happens with the Showbiz slider by the same developer. You'll see after loading its just empty space. If I look at the source code, it seems the content seems to be there though, it's just not displaying. If I place the shortcode in a widget and load the widget section, it displays fine.  I used a normal text box and fullbox, but behave the same..

Before:

http://imgur.com/cbASts6,o6vGu6k#1

After:

http://imgur.com/cbASts6,o6vGu6k#0

josh1178

So, I tried putting the slider in Nick Haskin's BASIQ theme's text-box and everythign works perfectly. That's great news, but it would be nice if it worked in the regular text box and fullbox too. I'll need it full width and may or may not choose to stay with BASIQ in the future.  

Anyone know what the fix might be to get things working with the normal pagelines textboxes?

Danny

As far as I am aware the TextBox in DMS and the TextBox in BASIQ are exactly the same. 

However, if you have a shortcode and it doesn't work, then that is an issue with the shortcode its self and not the TextBox section, you can see here what our developer says. - https://github.com/pagelines/DMS/issues/329

To make sure the shortcode works, add it to the title field, I have just tried RevSlider plugin with FullBox and have no issue.

josh1178

Actually, you're right Danny. It works in the title! I would have never thought to put the shortcode there. Is this in the documentation or did I miss it?

I thought I read somewhere that Nick's textbox was different and prevented weird formatting issues from occurring. In any case, both methods work. Whats weird is other shortcodes work in the text content area, it's just this Rev Slider (and the authors other plugins) that don't.

Thanks for the tip.

Danny

I am not sure about the TextBox in BASIQ to be honest, it could well be different.

As for the shortcode working in the title, its odd as both the TextBox and MediaBox text area fields both have the do_shortcode assigned to them, so shortcodes should/do work. I have just tried to add a shortcode in the TextBox and it worked just fine.

I was told that if a shortcode doesn't work, then its an issue with that plugins shortcode and not the TextBox text area field.

jmad

I've been working on adding Rev Slider to a site.  Is this thread talking DMS because I was just planning to use the Rev Slider built into DMS and trying to write the code.  Is this saying that Rev Slider from CC will work in DMS using the Fullbox?  Are there other sections available in the forums not on DMS store? 

Danny

The RevSlider plugin works with FullBox (this is the reason it was created) like it would with the TextBox section, its just the FullBox section is a refactored version of the TextBox so that it is full width instead of being restricted to the width of your content area.

There are no sections on this forum that aren't in the DMS store. FullBox was created by one of our store developers when I reported to our tracker that a growing number of users were requesting a fullwidth TextBox or MediaBox.

He has also created a Full Width MediaBox section too, you can follow the conversion here, as well as download the FullMediaBox section - https://github.com/pagelines/DMS/issues/537

jmad

Danny-

Thanks for the information and yes those boxes will both be very helpful.  Just so I'm clear, is it the Slider Revolution from CC that you were discussing and that will work with DMS?  

Danny

Yeah the RevSlider plugin from CC was the reason as to why the FullBox was created in the first place. As users wanted to use the plugin, have the slider full width and use the sliders shortcode.

When they added the shortcode to the TextBox or MediaBox sections, it was only the width of the content area.

josh1178

jmad just be sure to put the shortcode in the Title as mentioned earlier in this thread if you're having problems.