Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

josh1178

ultimate social causing dms to hang

josh1178

The plugin was working fine for me until the other day. I'm not sure if it's related to the pagelines dms upgrade or some other conflict from a different plugin I may have installed. 

Has anyone been able to use the Ultimate Social plugin with the latest DMS update?

Danny

Hi,

Is this the plugin you're referring to  ?

http://www.ultimatesocialplugin.com/

If so, I recommend you contact their support for assistance, as this is a premium plugin and we don't have access to it. You could also try disabling all other plugins and see if this resolves your issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

greenfly

HellO Josh. 

I have tried this on my test site and it seems to work ok. 

please try disabling all non-pagelines plugins and try this again. There may a conflict with some other plugin from a third party and we need to rule this out first. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

josh1178

Hm, thanks Martin. I tried disabling plugins and no luck. Not sure what's up...

josh1178

Ok, so. Solved I hope?

The ultimate socials download has a folder with what I guess is a normal 'plugin' and then inside of it a separate 'sections' folder with what apparently is the ultimate-social plugin. So, if I use just the 'ultimate-social' plugin found within the sections folder inside of my base theme's section folder, it works. But it displays a 'Admin message - returned empty section' unless you install the plugin as well. If I put the whole download into the my base theme's 'section' folder, it crashes the DMS and causes an infinite DMS LOADING wheel. 

That said, If install the plugin by itself, it doesn't seem to work or show up as a section. 

• Is something broken or Is there some best practice for this I don't understand? 
  • If not, can we get one setup and outlined?
  • Can we require that each and every section come with an install guide like most other pieces of software do and not just assume that the user knows how it was intended to be used?

Just trying to be constructive, not trying to rant. But I spent a good 3 hours trying to solve this. 

So to summarize:

Take the zip

Open it

Locate the folder called 'sections' 

Inside of the sections folder, take the folder called 'ultimate-social' and place that in your child theme's 'sections' folder.

Delete the sections folder in the Ultimate Social download.

Put the other Ultimate-Social folder in the plugins folder and activate it.

UPDATE: After all that, I tried to put everything back into plugins and run it now and it's fine. I'm not sure if it just needed to be installed and unisntalled several times to get it working or what, but it's ok now. Try the above fix though if you have probs

Danny

All sections from the DMS store, are plugins. Therefore, there is no need to do what you have done. You should simply install them as a plugin and they work. Can you remove the social section/plugin folders you have added and try and install it again using the zip and the Wordpress plugin installer. Then see if this resolves your issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

josh1178

Gotcha, I'd read on here that you can put them in theme sections folder too so that that was best practice. 

It's all working now, but it took a lot of installing and uninstalling before it finally started working again.  Thanks

greenfly

Thank you for letting us know 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"