Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bloom1creative

DMS Recently losing Columns.Wigitizer Layouts

bloom1creative

Hey again guys

Been building a website located at : http://www.localbustorbay.com/localbus/

Until now I have had only issues with server saving with LESS CSS, where the settings are forgotten (still ongoing, have tried AMPPS, MAMP and a live server, still the same issue with the LESS Saving front end)

Anyway, now my issue is with the LAYOUT of the columns and widgets on the homepage.  They WERE fine, and they correct layouts were saved to a Template, along with another template for a different page.  Both templates now have lost the sidebars, so I re-added them and saved over the template files, but alas, the same issue occurred.

I am now faced with a problem with the columns and Widgetizer losing layout and appearing to 'overlap' one another.  I have rectified this by dragging about, but upon refresh, we are back to the same problem...  any ideas?

On a further note too, the LESS "cmd+enter" has stopped giving me a live preview too.

I have disabled all the plugins and added the different, sidebar manage lite as recommended in the docs, and still I am having issues.

It always seems to be with saved template for the homepage, perhaps it is corrupt?

Many thanks

Rob1n

bloom1creative
Changed the template, updated and renewed but still same issue. It's the right column putting itself 'on top' of the left column on refresh and losing settings. The span on that column also does not show.

Many thanks

Rob1n

Danny

OK, I must say your issue with saving issues is rather odd and one I haven't encountered myself.

That said, would it be possible for you to install a free application called Jing. Which allows you to screengrab your computer screen either as a screenshot of a screencast. With this installed, can you screencast (video) your issue so we can see first hand what the issue is.

http://www.techsmith.com/jing.html

Also, please disable all active plugins except for DMS Pro Tools and enable PL debug mode please, so we can check your debug info too.

Please search our forums, before posting!

bloom1creative

I'll get that uploaded and sent over now Dani.  I agree the saving issue is odd, but my main issue currently is much more severe in that I am losing my pay column layouts and unable to preview live LESS changes.  In the video, please note in the LESS demo I am pressing "cmd+enter" regularly whilst typing in the LESS section.  Cheers

Many thanks

Rob1n

Danny

Your issue from the looks of it is related to your grid being completely off, you have grid lines going through your content. No idea how you have achieved that, but it is has to be related to plugins, custom script or code.

If this was a bug, it would have been reported already and I am not even sure how to go about trying to recreate it.

Can you try deleting that template and starting again, then check to see if this happens again. if it does, then please provide the steps to recreate it.

bloom1creative

I'd love to agree with you, but I have the same site functioning with the same custom LESS on a local install, and the grid problem is not present.  I have disabled all my plugins and it still remains there.

I agree that trying to recreate this is terribly difficult, but there do seem to be a couple of different 'risky' areas to this DMS framework that are very temperamental with no solid reasoning behind the issues.

Many thanks

Rob1n

Danny

Can you remember anything you did prior to this grid issue, so we can try to recreate it. 

bloom1creative

Nothing that stands out really, I was working on a completely different template at the time and other pages, I returned to the homepage to find it like that.  I added simple lightbox plugin, which was the only plugin I added that day, and then removed and uninstalled that as it didn't work anyway at all with the DMS.

Many thanks

Rob1n

Danny

Is this effecting this page/template only or is it throughout your site ?

If it is specific to that page/template, I recommend deleting that template and start again, see if this resolves your issue.

I can't report something as a bug, unless I can recreate it, if we can't recreate it then we can't report it as a bug.

bloom1creative

It's literally a specific template/page that corrupts, I am having the same issue now on my local install which WAS fine.  It happened after I loaded a specific template on a page, and now that page appears coorupt regardless of what I do.  The other pages however are fine.

Many thanks

Rob1n

bloom1creative

Deleted both templates and remade them, but it seems that once the page has 'corrupted' it stays that way, despite the other pages being fine.  I also removed all my LESS css and resaved to check that and it was still broken.

Many thanks

Rob1n

Danny

Can you send me your username and password so I can see this for myself and see if I can recreate it myself.

danny at pagelines dot com

bloom1creative

Thanks Danny.  Also it appears to be when I Set the page template in the 'content' area on Wordpress to the same DMS template I loaded, as the page functioning correctly has no template currently set

http://www.localbustorbay.com/localbus/wp-admin/ to login.

Many thanks

Rob1n

bloom1creative

How can I provide you with the login without publicly displaying it on here?

Many thanks

Rob1n

Danny

I gave you my email address above.

Danny

Which page has the issue grid issue.

Also, you have a lot of plugins active, do I have permission to disable them all.

bloom1creative

Yes you may, but be aware the widget context is creating most of the content for the homepage.  It was the homepage template that had the issue upon changing around the layouts, loading adding and saving templates seems to cause the issues.

Many thanks

Rob1n

Danny

OK, I would rather not disable your plugins if your layout requires them.

Therefore, can you give me a step by step guide on how you create the issue please and I will try and recreate it my end. 

bloom1creative

If you restore the Homepage template on the homepage and have a quick look, the issue appears.  If you use the front end of the DMS now it is currently corrupted displaying the same issue I am having.  Please note this issue has occurred on other pages locally where I can NO template active, and have started a page afresh so I am very confused as to what the cause of this is

Many thanks

Rob1n

bloom1creative

Another little thing to add to the list Danny... Writing to DB issues on a specific page only, going back over the previous problem with occasional saving issues, now there seems to be a constant one?

I would suggest my LESS has something to do with it, but I removed that and still the problem exists?

Thanks mate

Please see here: http://screencast.com/t/VRCR76jH

Many thanks

Rob1n

bloom1creative

Any progress with this buddy?  I assume a PL developer might be a good shout to shed some light on what it is exactly that I have apparently managed to do?

Many thanks

Rob1n

Danny

I mentioned that I would rather not test this on your site, seeing as your layout is dependant on the very plugins I need to deactivate. Therefore, can you disable all active plugins, remove all custom scripts and code, so that your DMS is basically vanilla and then try to recreate your issues.

As I am unable to. Therefore, I assume this column layout issue has to be related to your plugins, scripts etc. So by disabling them all, reverting your template and starting again and see if you can cause the column to act this away again, we will know if this is a DMS bug or is somehow related to your plugins, scripts etc..

Regarding the saving issue, this has already been reported as a potential bug. The only band aid at this moment in time, is for you to click outside of the field or option you have just configured and wait for the saving indicator to appear/disappear then click publish, this should then resolve your saving problem for the time being.

bloom1creative

Makes sense mate, please disable what you need as the layout issue is still visible without them. I'm pulling my hair out here.

How can it possibly work on some pages and not others if it's a plugin or script when both pages are set up the same way and contain the same elements?  It seems almost madness.

I have removed the LESS, custom scripts and disabled all the plugins.  You can see there that the problem still persists as expected in my currently uploading video

Seeing how some of the pages are working at the moment with my LESS and plugins installed, it makes very little sense that the DMS has a general incompatibility issue with something as it's specific pages :/

Many thanks

Rob1n

bloom1creative

Just an idea, the column that was 'forcing itself' left I swapped with a new column created for the right side.  Alas, for the time being, it seems ok.  Definitely a PL error

Many thanks

Rob1n